It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Crack kills dreams

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-21-2002, 12:16 PM   #1
    seame2112

seame2112 HB User
    Post Crack kills dreams

I have a pretty good crack addiction going for myself. It's been a number of years now and I can't believe I'm still alive. I've tried a few things to help myself and was able to stay clean for a while. But then I learned of a new problem 8 yrears ago that is causing me to lose my vision That's all it took really to give up. Today I still feel the same way expect worse. I lost quite a bit in the last few years, but not my addiction to crack. It's killing me and I'm letting it. I can hardly see my hand in front of my face now, and this is not something that going away any time soon. no one should have to live this.

WHAT WOULD YOU DO!!!!!!!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-21-2002, 12:20 PM   #2
    Lucis

Lucis HB User
    sesame

I would stop doing crack. There are resources available to you, you choose.

Old 08-22-2002, 11:13 AM   #3
    freddy

freddy HB User
    Get away from the crack and all your crack "friends".
    This is an ugly drug and will destroy you if you let it.

Old 08-26-2002, 07:10 AM   #4
    jmarlar

jmarlar HB User
    Freddy is right Sesame....crack will destroy your life! Eventually you will completely crash and burn. You can't keep it going and function in life forever. My husband started using crack almost a year ago and went down hill VERY fast. It was awful to see how that drug destroyed him. We've about lost everything due to his addiciton and that is the truth. I hung in there and stuck by him though until he finally realized he was powerless to it and had a severe problem (you have to get to that point) and he is now in a 1 year residential rehabilitation program through Teen Challenge. You HAVE to want to quit, for GOOD. You have to know that you can NEVER touch the stuff again. Get help! And get it fast. Teen Challenge is an awesome non-profit organization with adult men's centers all over the US with a 93% recovery rate. It is not just for teens. It can change your life! But YOU MUST be willing to do whatever it takes to change your life and get out of the bondage of addiction. God bless and my thoughts and prayers are with you....

Old 08-29-2002, 09:21 AM   #5
    seame2112

seame2112 HB User
    Thanks to all who have reply to my problem I have struggled with this for a long time. I never wanted to admit there was a problem but you can,t escape the loss once it's gone it's gone

Old 08-29-2002, 04:42 PM   #6
    mydog8mybrain

mydog8mybrain HB User
    Ok kiddo. I'm not going to say stop doing crack. For me to tell a crack addict to stop is like someone telling me to stop breathing! It just ain't that simple.

OK - Time for a little honesty. Can you get open with those close to you about your addiction? Do you have any treatment programs available to you?

The twelve step programs seem to work for those that can make it happen. I've had a few friends that were intimate with crack and it was a living hell for them. Some got clean, some were not so lucky.

Sorry that you are in bed with the Devil. I wish there was something I could do to help. If you are really serious about wanting out of this trap I think I would summon all the help I could muster from those that loved me and give it my best shot. The alternatives don't look real good.

Sorry about your eyesight. You seem to indicate that the damage has been done and even if the crack goes away then the eyesight will still be bad. has someone confirmed this for you? Do you think your eyes could improve if you got away from the chemical?

I hurt for ya man and wish I had a magic wand. I hope good things happen for you from this point on.

------------------
    Be nice to your kids.... They will choose your nursing home.

Old 08-30-2002, 06:33 AM   #7
    jmarlar

jmarlar HB User
    oh yeah...forgot about what you said about your eyesight until I read the above post...my husband had LOTS of trouble with his eyesight during his crack use also. He even went to the eye doc and got glasses. But when his addiction got worse his glasses didn't help. He had major trouble seeing....HOWEVER, now that he has quit and been clean for over 1 month now, his eyesight is improving alot. His glasses help correct his vision though. So there is hope for that. Crack constricts your blood vessles, even in your eyes which is what I've heard makes the eyesight go....do your best to get into treatment though...good luck.

Old 09-30-2002, 08:41 PM   #8
    carlossp

carlossp HB User
    The only way I have seen people give up Crack is to move to a completely new environment not associated with Crack. My girlfriend packed up Crack for 6 months after moving to a different place in the Country with me. Sadly she is back on it again now. An old friend of mine suceeded giving up crack when he lived in a different part of the country and as far as I know is still off it.

I was wandering if you are on Herion as well, often Crack and Heroin work together?

Anyway - best of luck.

Old 10-16-2002, 10:07 AM   #9
    tweetydg

tweetydg HB User
    if you really truely want to get off of crack you can. it's hard, very hard. and you have to be willing to go the mile, but you can do this. realizing/admitting that you have a problem is the start, and you've done that.
    For me, when I quit, I had to say goodbye to everything that I knew at the time. my so called "friends" had to go! I left town for a month and didn't talk to anybody except my sober friends/family that only had my best interest in mind.
    I have to tell you that if you don't quit..you will die. either that or you'll be in jail. that's it...no other options there for you. I don't mean to sound harsh, but that's just the way it is.
    choose life, because you are worth it, and there's a better way to live. You will be so glad that you did. It's so hard, but you can do this!!!

Old 11-21-2002, 08:33 AM   #10
    sharonut01

sharonut01 HB User
    Read your post and boy can I relate to you and knowing that crack kills dreams! My family has been to hell and back because of crack! In 98 we lost 2 family members to fatal accidental deaths. So, ya know cocaine makes it all better. Yeah right! Well after so much snorting you cant snort anymore so you begin to cook it! Used to be fun when it first started. Started out just a little then as time went on it over took the mind and body! Used to smoke till we puked and come right back in a hit the stem again chassing that rush that you can never catch! I seen it destroy my whole family and there wasnt a thing that I or anyone else could do. We lost a close friend to crack committed suicide! You'd think that was enough to make ya quit. No way..Well maybe for a little while. He used to be the supplier so when he died things slowed down cuz it wasnt available. Well my sister and her husband got in with his dealer. What a mistake. They were so into it that it took them over. All their life consisted of was buying selling and getting high. They didnt care about anyone or anything. Just wanting to chase that buzz all day and all night. I seen my family turn from a loving caring family into evil people. They'd rip off their own family to get a little extra on thier stem. It was so sad! They started out with 8 balls went to ounces and then alot of ounces. They smoked up at least a ounce or more a week! So, they took their life savings and bought all they could buy which was over 20,000.00. Was gonna sell it and go back and start buying kilos. Well they didnt make it that far. She just got back from getting it and was enjoying a buzz when the feds busted in on them. They are currently in prison. They lost everything that they worked for all their lives. Their house was paid for the feds auctioned it off. Their vechicles. Everything that they worked so hard for was all gone just because crack took over their mind and body. So, not only did I lose two family members to tragic deaths I also lost my whole family! I'm in hopes that someday when they get out that I will have the old family back that I used to have before crack! It destroys your mind body and soul. I called it the devil drug. It took everything away from me that i cared about. The only way that you can get off of it is to change your lifestyle and friends. I'll put it to you this way. Your so called friends that you have right now arent your friends! If your not getting high with them buying and sharing you'll see that these so called friends will disappear. I learned this from what my sister went through. All her so called friends which was plenty of people. Not one of them has visited her or wrote to her. They dont care about you all they care about is getting high. Your teeth will rot and your vision will get worse you'll end up broke and all alone to sell or steal what ever you can to get a buzz. Cuz once your money is gone and everything you got including your friends there wont be no one there to help you except for yourself.Take my advice get off the stuff while you can! Everyday that you do it its one day closer to losing everything! Only you can do it for yourself. good luck i hope you can clean yourself up and get off of it...

Old 11-25-2002, 08:35 AM   #11
    KP

KP HB User
    Hello
    I am a journalism student writing an article on crack addiction. I would like to use people's stories on this message board as quotes in my article. Its an attempt to show the real truth about drugs so that my fellow students dont get started. I will respect privacy by leaving out names. If you do or do not wish to particpate please post you messages. Thank you for your time.

KP

Old 11-25-2002, 06:51 PM   #12
    Geneva

Geneva HB User
    KP
    Visit the site: crack reality . com
    Enough horrible stories to keep any sane person from ever tryin the stuff...

Closed Thread