It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Quitting opiates

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-02-2014, 10:27 PM   #1
    unhappy7
    (male)

unhappy7 HB User
    Quitting opiates

I am 27 years old and I am attempting to quit opiates cold turkey. Just a little background about myself because I dont want anyone thinking I was born a drug addict. I have had multiple surgeries over the last 3 years ranging from sport injuries to car accident. There are days where I do need the medication for pain but then there are days where I take it just to feel normal. Unfortunately it has started controlling my life and I am done with it. For the past year I have been working very hard to become an employee of a great company and that hard work finally paid off. Last month I also found out that I am going to be a father and I am ready to be normal and more importantly a good father and husband. I have stopped using oxycodone before in the past and I know how brutal the week is. The biggest issue for me is that I dont have anyone to talk to about this and it makes it more difficult while keeping things bottled up as the depression is severe as it is. I told myself that sunday was my last dosage and I flushed my remaining script down the toilet. I also have to take a drug test for my employer and I know with a note from my doctor I will be okay but I want to be able to test negative anyway almost like "look what you did, you are on your way". Does anyone have any advice on what helps the process, what I can do to assure I pass this screening, and if anyone has went through this themself and are still clean could tell me how rewarding it is in the long run... I know it seems ridiculous but addiction is a disease and I have never been more excited about the future for myself. Please help!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2014, 10:10 AM   #2
    Acoppersmith
    (female)

Acoppersmith HB User
    Re: Quitting opiates

I saw you have posted almost 2 months ago now I wasn't sure if you ever found any help from anyone.... If not I know what you're going through and maybe some advice that would help.

Closed Thread

Tags
    addiction, cold turkey, drug test, opiates, oxycodone