It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Detoxing off Meth

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-20-2002, 08:02 AM   #1
    imallurrz

imallurrz HB User
    Question Detoxing off Meth

I know that there are questions about detoxing off meth but i really havent found any other boards to be helpful.
    My situaiton is this. I am currently involved with someone who is a heroin addict after being clean for 5 yrs he got caught up using again. Well after being in and out detox after detox after rehab after rehab he decided to go on Methadone for a while. Well he was at 60 then went up to 80 then went back to 60 then to 40. He has only been on the meth for 4 1/2 mos. He decided since he is about to have a child and has not worked that he would like to get his life back on track. He asked his dr to ween him off the meth which was apparently being done.(2mg a day) Well he took it upon himself to stop taking the meth and start doing H again just so the detox off meth wouldnt be so bad. He did the H for 2 weeks and saved his Meth. Well he has not gone to go get his dose of Meth in almost a week. But again he did have his backup. He weened himself off apparently just like they did in the rehabs. Well he has the normal kicking symptoms, insomnia, cramps, and he just started to vomit, once but enough to get his symptoms of kicking off and running. We have read that Buprenex helps someone kick Meth. Is there anyone out there that can help me help him. His family is supportive of him coming off the meth. FOr the last yr i have stuck by him as he has stole from his family, and spent whatever money he got on drugs. I have told him that there is a line that is drawn. He tends to think and tells me that is you love someone you are to stick by them no matter what, no mattre how many times they screw up. I disagree to a point. But he is dealing with this and i am extremly proud of him. I want to help him finally come over this hurdle. HELP!!!!

------------------

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-21-2002, 05:46 PM   #2
    mydog8mybrain

mydog8mybrain HB User
    Hon - I don't mean to sound like a jerk or anything but I just goota ask ya something.... What in heavens name are you doing being involved with this guy? this looks like a train wreck in the making. Do yourself and your family a favor and gently let him go. He needs to be someone else's problem.

Good luck.

Edited for spelling

------------------
    Those who dispense tough love to their children now should be prepared to receive same back from them in 30 years.

[This message has been edited by mydog8mybrain (edited 11-21-2002).]

Old 11-22-2002, 03:36 AM   #3
    imallurrz

imallurrz HB User
    Unhappy

Its really funny that you should mention that. I came home from work and to my surprise he has just come home himself. He say he was quote "Paying off his Meth clinic bill b/c they called" well i know they didnt and he was back looking like he used to....Pinned pupils. Nodding out at the comp. He says the valium helped him (30mg) and the vioxx helped. 2 days ago he couldnt move out of bed b/c he was hurting so bad. Yesterday he just about raised his hand to me and had said ever nasty word in the book to me. And now I am expecting his child. I didnt want to have a child b/c of the circumstances. But he promised to be clean and done. I am in a rut.

Old 12-08-2002, 09:08 PM   #4
    Sarah Norris

Sarah Norris HB User
    I really do not know a lot about detoxing, but, I'm not a fool either as you shouldn't be. He sounds like he is doing an awful lot of lying...I didn't know you could 'charge' at meth. clinics! I would think you would have to pay as you go and also, I didn't think they allow you to bring the meth. home with you, except after you have been in treatment for awhile and then maybe only on the week-ends. Perhaps, you do love this guy, but, somewhere, someone should get very stern with him, for his own good. You are going to have a baby and it appears you will have to take responsibility for the baby. In my opinion, prayers are always in order.
    Good Luck and God Bless........SARAH

SARAH

Old 12-09-2002, 08:49 AM   #5
    imallurrz

imallurrz HB User
    Well I just want to say thankyou. My boyfriend who I hope hit bottom and I kmow isnt a nice thing to say is back in rehab. Although he is thousands of miles away he is getting help from everything again. The methadone and the heroin. Via Buprenex. The cops were called to the house last week after Thanksgiving by him b/c his folks took all his money and he called the cops and told them that he wanted his money. Well things sure did a 360 when they got there. His father told the officers that he has probation and he wanted him out of the house. Well the officers basically left things alone, without giving his money back and said if you dont get help you are to leave the house and theree will be an order against you. Well the officers called a pastor and he found a place in FL. Well I am not happy with the pastor for many reasons none for being where he sent my bf, but for others. Anyhow, he was admitted Friday and has been there a few days. I was actually able to speak with him Sun. and he was doing really well. He plans on this being the last time he ever has to go and get help other than extensive outpatient. But I did tell him not to come back until he is completely brainwashed which is what they sometimes do in those places. He is optimistic and may or may not be back in time for the birth of his daughter but when he does come back he will be on the track of starting to feel normal again and starting a normal life. ALtho it might take a while, he will have someone occupying his time. I do not suggest anyone try and detox them self at home. It will just put you in circles. Even tho i have only been thru it 1 yr with my boyfriend and have seen what it can do. I can tell you first hand, get professional help. There are places out there that will take you if you are indegent. Just let them know. Good luck

Old 02-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #6
    bookmiser

bookmiser HB User
    i feel very sorry for your situation. i know this is a nightmare for you. especially with a baby coming and all. i have had to start treating my son like a little boy again. he is the 21 year old heroin addict i'm sure you've read about. everyday, i take him to the meth clinic. he is now at 60 mg. 1 day a week we have an hour with the therapist there. he is reading every recovery book written. it's only been two weeks, but the difference i see in him has made me so grateful to these people who are helping him. he's not working yet, but that will come in time i hope. in the meantime, he is becoming someone i have not seen in a long time. i will be on his butt everyday from now on. you have to. when the time comes to ween off the meth, i will be there still making sure it's the right decision. be this guys mother or tell him to hit the road. don't trust him. good luck.

Closed Thread