It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Finally saying GOODBYE to opiates

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-19-2014, 02:53 AM   #1
    startingnewtody
    (male)

startingnewtody HB User
    Arrow Finally saying GOODBYE to opiates

Hello all, first I'd like to say, this is my first post. And I came here to tell you guys about my struggle with opiates and finally getting off of them. When I was just 15 I got dual compression fractures from carrying a lead box of a Sony Wega TV,when I slipped on ice and fell. I got prescribed 5/325:vicodin 60 a month. That didn't work, so over the months we went up in size and quantity,untili was prescribed 20mg IR Oxycodone. That was 2 years ago. I fell in love with the buzz and started running short because I was consuming far too many. Each month I lied to the doctor to get more and more, until last year I was put on 60 60mg Oxycontin OP's, which were amazing at first. Then after a couple of months, it just took away the pain, with no buzz. And I loved the buzz. So I started grinding them with a rotary tool and snorting them. That worked so great, man, I was in heaven. But since a few months ago, I run at least 5-8 days short,vand have to find some to buy to get me through. Its gotten to the point where I am running myself so broke, I can't pay half of my bills lately. But this month I'm going to be 18 whopping days short, and I'm just BARELY clinging to the job that just barely gets me by. So, I'm deciding this grip is over. I'm tired of the gut wretching, twitchy, jumpy, horrible nights and days going without and feeling like pure hell and death. I've talked to a new doc about suboxin. I see him next Friday, and consume these final pills in the meantime. I'm finally ready to have my life back, and have hopes, goals, ambition, drive.. Just reclaim my life!!! I will keep all of you updated once I get on the suboxin, and through the journey to being clean. I'd much rather feel my back pain, than feel dead without pills every day. Thank you all for listening to my story, it means so much to me and helps so much knowing there's a whole board of people dying to help me through this. God bless all of you! And have a great weekend!

The following 3 users give hugs of support to: startingnewtody
    dustygal (09-12-2014),Phoenix (07-22-2014),SanyBelle (07-21-2014)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-22-2014, 04:03 PM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Finally saying GOODBYE to opiates

Hello startingnewtody.

Welcome to the board.

Know that we'll be here for advice and support,from a non-judgemental viewpoint.

There's strength in numbers,so know that you're not alone.

Respectfully Stated
    Phoenix

Old 09-12-2014, 11:12 AM   #3
    Jazzeyjazz79
    (female)

Jazzeyjazz79 HB User

Hi I am going through something similar.

Last edited by mod85; 09-13-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Old 09-13-2014, 06:17 AM   #4
    janeli2
    (female)

janeli2 HB User

I am going through opitate withdrawal now and on day 5. I did fortunately have someone who could pay for a suboxone dr on day 1 for me so i'm feeling fine, I just know that I am not going to be on this for long term and already have a taper program in place to ensure this. I had treatment last year and was clean for 9 months before I "went back out there again" right after graduating treatment b/c my addicted brain told me it would be ok to see prior people, places, things, connected to my using. Wrong. If I had continued NA mtgs as suggested, kept in contact with my sponsor, told the truth to someone, they would've told me i was full of crap and just needed/wanted an excuse to use. Not today. One day at a time. What really works though is treatment. I've done and just signed up for outpatient treatment and this keeps me accountable and also gives me a place where there are other ppl like me going thru similar things and I can vent and we share and we stay clean together. This may be what you need. At least go to NA mtgs. Welcome. I am new here too but I am hopeful. You can do this.

Last edited by mod85; 09-13-2014 at 03:56 PM.

Reply Reply