It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Question about Subutex for opiate withdrawal

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-22-2014, 08:25 PM   #1
    TeeJay1976
    (female)

TeeJay1976 HB User
    Question Question about Subutex for opiate withdrawal

I am new here and happy to find a board about addiction & Recovery. With out telling my life story...I am 37 years old and I have been hooked on any kind of opiate since I was 17...The only period of abstinence I have ever had was last november to just recently...For those few months I was a different person...But I am done...The insanity is .... well....insane....
    Anyway....I know it is not recommended to take subutex without being under a dr. care, however (another long story)....I have to stop the opiates....I want to stop....
    I did all the research (I know it's not a dr. but There is not a dr in this town that will see me...I am working with my sponsor to get to a dr to get this prescribed to me)....So here goes my question....
    I got 10 of the 8mg subutex at Noon today..by the time they were brought to me I was in withdrawal symptoms for about 12 hours....I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't dissolve the pill under my tongue, so I swallowed it whole....(the whole 8mg)...I started to feel some relief until about 5pm when the symptoms started coming back....So I halfway disolved 4mg under my tongue at 6pm....only halfway though...
    Ok so I have read that it wont work as well, it at all....I do feel better but I still have symptoms now at 10pm....my stomach HURTS bad (that is from coming off the lortabs...I know, cause I have gone through it before) and I am having the aches and sweats....I have read that sometimes a 3rd dose on the first day will be given .....My next dose I will dissolve all the way...I want this to work so bad....I want sobriety and I apologize for my thoughts being all over the place...

On a positive note...A divine intervention,, after I started to feel some of the affects of the subutex, I got 2 phone calls from girls wanting to sell me some hydrocodones....I was so surprised when I didn't even have to think about it, the answer was no....my immediate response was "NO, Im done!!!" *click* No sweats thinking about...No mental obsession of wanting to get them at all....amazing....I am so grateful...

If anyone can give advice I would appreciate it....Thank you

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    addiction recovery, subutex