It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

Methadone Problems

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-18-2015, 04:39 PM   #1
geesusfish
(male)

geesusfish HB User
Methadone Problems

Hi everybody. I've been on methadone for about a week now, use to be a heroin junkie. Anyway, the last several days I've noticed that my joints have become very achy and stiff. They started me off on such a small dose of methadone (for me) 30mg, and I got to go up 5mg a day except for the weekends. I thought initially that this joint stiffness must be some withdrawals bleeding through but all the heroin should have been out of my system by now, so i know this isn't withdrawal.. This seems to be the only side effect I'm getting from the methadone.. Has anyone else ever had joint aches or stiffness due to methadone?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2015, 01:30 PM   #2
maxpow99
(male)

maxpow99 HB Usermaxpow99 HB User
Re: Methadone Problems

I have heard of quite a few horror stories from heroin addicts moving to methadone. I had a ton of cellys who were dope fiends. How is the move away from H going for you?

Could also just be a post acute withdrawal symptom.

Old 10-31-2018, 09:39 AM   #3
Psychandsoci
(female)

Psychandsoci HB User
Re: Methadone Problems

Actually, the joint pain could be a side effect of withdrawal from heroin. There may not be any heroin in your body now, but your body got used to it, causing withdrawal symptoms. It definitely could be a side effect of the methadone as well; itís hard to tell sometimes. Although methadone is good at blocking the withdrawal symptoms for 24-72 hours. Maybe discuss this joint discomfort with your physician, and they could decrease your methadone a little. Maybe instead of going up 5mg everyday, it could be every two or three days. Methadone can be very dangerous taken with other drugs, so be very cautious with your intake of it and make sure you do not take more heroin when there could still be methadone in your body. Good luck!

Reply Reply

Tags
joint pain, methadone, methadone side effects