It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addiction & Recovery Message Board

• Day 32 clean

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #1
    Cowboy in sky
    Inactive
    (male)

Cowboy in sky HB User
    Cool Day 32 clean

So I'm on my 5th week completely off the perks! I feel like I have a bit of my life back. I am totally conscious of everything I do which before was just a fog like experience. I don't crave the Percocet not one bit. Actually I got a script and have them to a friend (yes I spoke to him about quitting but he does not want to). I really don't know why I ever started that crap. It is a nice high at first but omg once you start building tolerance it's all downhill.
    Well everything is almost fine. I'm still having issues with feeling lethargic. I have energy but sometimes all of a sudden I don't feel like doing crap! I keep tellin myself it's probably depression from the percocet withdraw but not sure. If you read my other post I had done a full taper. Down to .5 mg a day for a week then came off. Another issue is the pain! I have incredible back pain and neck pain. I keep telling myself it's the whole withdraw thing where the body is trying to trick the mind. Hopefully that's true cause I'm in pain!! I also got my SEX DRIVE BACK!
    I just finally learned about Ltyrosine. I hope it's as good as they say. I'll be trying it tomorrow morning.
    I know that there is hope for all of you! You have to WANT to stop. Roll ip your sleeves and tackle it! Exact words I told my buddy! Shame he said "I don't want to" lol. He's a nut!!
    Anyone with tips or experiencing what I am please let me know and if anyone has any questions please feel free to ask! I would love to pay back to this community!!
    I had to copy,cut and repost this cause I went into detail about the sex drive. Hope this post makes sense I'll double check later, bit busy here at work.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-05-2015, 12:14 AM   #2
    Phoenix
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Phoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB UserPhoenix HB User
    Re: Day 32 clean

Actually I got a script and have them to a friend (yes I spoke to him about quitting but he does not want to).

Hello Cowboy and welcome.

Part of recovery hinges on the decisions we make going forward.

While you may view the passing off of meds to your friend a victory for you,it can be viewed as a defeat for that other individual.

Enabling another individual is an inadvertent way of condoning the addiction.

I congratulate you on the days sober.

Please let us know if we can offer any advice,as temptation takes no vacation.

Respectfully Stated
    PHOENIX

Reply Reply

Tags
    percocet, withdrawals