It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Symptoms always the same? or sort of cyclical/good days bad days

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-18-2015, 12:53 PM   #1
    anniela
    (female)

anniela HB User
    Symptoms always the same? or sort of cyclical/good days bad days

Greetings all,
    First of all, my heart goes out to you because I imagine your symptoms are much much worse than mine. I don't have a diagnosis of Addison's--I am going through the testing right now. If I do it's probably pretty mild, but some strange things have been happening to me But it's hard to tell because I/we've been medicating the symptoms (inability to sleep deeply enough, tiredness during the day, etc).
    But after a period of pretty consistent "Addison-y" symptoms, I woke up today after only 6 hours of sleep and felt pretty good. Unfortunately, this morning was when my testing was. So I'm just wondering, those of you with Addison's--back in the early stages, was it always the same, day after day? or did you go through periods where you felt pretty ok?

Also curious about some other things... I know a lot of you are super-health conscious because of this, but back before you knew, what was your reaction to alcohol? I recently had a strange reaction to alcohol--I drank more than I usually do, (which is usually never and when I do, only 1 MAX 2) had about 4 glasses of wine over a 6 hour period, and the next day I was vomiting all day. ALL day. I couldn't keep water down. (I was travelling and actually threw up at the TSA checkpoint, it was mortifying) I have NEVER had that kind of reaction to alcohol, even when I've had much more, and even then, there is some nausea in the morning, I feel like crap, but either let my stomach go through it's paces or have something to eat and then I'm ok--not this violent, nonstop, can't-keep-water-down thing. I thought I must have had food poisoning, but then after talking to the doc I started to wonder.....
    Did alcohol devastate you? increase your symptoms?

And for people with Addison's what effect do stimulants like caffeine, ADD meds, or even just "activating antidepressants" have? I know that in normal people they would increase cortisol.... but I am wondering if in Addison's they would tax the few reserves you have and "clean you out", leaving you crashed afterward and ultimately leave your cortisol lower and symptoms worse.

So, the 3 questions: symptoms consistent? reaction to alcohol? effect/reaction to stimulants?

I'd greatly appreciate your knowledge and experience
    Thanks!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-19-2015, 07:06 PM   #2
    RMTWHITE
    (female)

RMTWHITE HB User
    Re: Symptoms always the same? or sort of cyclical / good days bad days

Hello, I'm in a similar situation. I am going for an ACTH stim test on Tuesday.

I would also be interested to find out the answer to your question about symptoms being cyclical.

How did your testing go? Were you diagnosed with Addison's?

Reply Reply