It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Addison Disease and Hypothyroidism and high cholesterol

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-16-2015, 05:48 AM   #1
    mom2simba
    (female)

mom2simba HB User
    Unhappy Addison Disease and Hypothyroidism and high cholesterol

I have Addisons over 26 years ,5 years ago I added Hypothyroidism to the list I take Cortisone Acetate 25mg for the Addisons and Synthroid 75 mcg for the Hypothyroidism and also going thru menopause.I am 53 years old ,5'3 and weigh 171lbs could loose a couple of pounds

My question is my recent lab work show I have a non alcoholic fatty liver,

high cholesterol 257,
    LDL cholesterol 144,
    non HDL cholesterol 170
    , glucose 61L,
    Hemoglobin A1c 31H,
    Tsh.20L
    Has anybody had something similar tests results ? what is causing the cholesterol to be high and a fatty liver ? The steroids to keep us alive ? Or the Hypothyroidism causing all this ?
    I am so upset over all this I threw up after I left the Drs office and can't sleep since , as I am so stressed over all this, I am so worried and so scared , I might have a massive heart attack, my BP is 120/80 , my current Dr she is Internal Medicine you would think she would know why my labs are all wonky . I am, thinking she is useless Dr.,(I am currently searching for a new Dr) all she told me she don't understand why my labs are the way they are and something is wrong, but what she didn't know what? she told me to go see a Endo Dr and that was it . Well the Endo Dr is booked solid till after Feb 2016 he is the only one I can go to that i,s covered by my Insurance.
    I try to eat healthy everyday,I don't get these bad lab results and my family all are healthy no cholesterol problem/heart problems with any of them I checked. My 80 year old mom said, my Dr should have given me a script for cholesterol lowering meds at least but she didnt .

Last edited by mom2simba; 10-16-2015 at 05:50 AM. Reason: made spelling errors

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply