It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

Addisons Disease

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 05-13-2016, 05:49 AM   #1
Sarah4233
(female)

Sarah4233 HB User
Addisons Disease

Hello I am new here, and would like to see if any one else on here has Addisons and how it effects there daily life.
I have had Primary Addisons Disease for 6 years now I take daily 12.5mg of Hydrocortisone daily and half a tablet of Fludrocortisone. However I am a bit confused because one day I took my last 2.5mg of Hydrocortisone at 5pm I usually take my next lot of meds at 10.30am of 10mg when in I am in work 3 hours after waking.
I had a good day this particular day not to much stress however stress doing accounts must pop up without me realising at times. On driving home at 5.15 pm I actually realised I forgot to take my medication I panicked and took them. Then It got me thinking why did I feel so great without them has any one else experienced this.

Sarah

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-14-2016, 11:32 AM   #2
TomEvans1995
(male)

TomEvans1995 HB User
Re: Addisons Disease

Hi I'm Tom Iv'e suffered with addisons now for nearly 6 years,
And I think that what your feeling is like the freeness of not having to take it and that's what I'm like I forget I wake up a little to late, and it takes its toll on me like mon -fri I feel great taking the tablets but missing it sometimes throughout the week, and if I miss one I feel it great when I wake up and I realized that if I miss one my body tells me not to and makes me feel il as if it's catching up on me after half a day,
It's just a case of making it like a game every morning, pretend you want to get up and play on your xbox instead Or phone and soon as you awake, run in your lounge and think **** I hid my tablets, and it will gradually sit in
hope this helps 😀X

Old 05-14-2016, 11:34 AM   #3
TomEvans1995
(male)

TomEvans1995 HB User

I take 25 mg hydrocourtizone
Once a day
Levothyroxine 100 mili g
Fludrocourtizone 200 milli g
The addisons made me have a thyroid problem so I'm slim as well cus of the illness

Old 12-14-2016, 05:57 PM   #4
Diefen
(male)

Diefen HB User

I forget my pills sometimes and usually don't notice any difference. Other times I will notice pressure around my eyeballs inside my head.

Old 01-18-2017, 10:06 AM   #5
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hey there, you're lucky! If I forget mine I fall in a big piling heap that is useless without sleeping my life away I am only newly diagnosed though (roughly 7-8wks), so it may change for me later on when my body is used to having cortisol in it again

Reply Reply