It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

Addison Newbie Looking for Others :)

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 11-26-2016, 03:56 AM   #1
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Addison Newbie Looking for Others :)

Heya everyone. How are we all?

I only found out over the phone yesterday that my stim test has confirmed Addison's Disease and I'm wondering what happens from here? I have an appointment on Tuesday with my Doctor to sort my medication and other tests needed etc.

I would love some friends who are going through similar things to talk to if you'd like to have me?

Many thanks for your time!
Kirsty

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 12-14-2016, 06:53 PM   #2
Diefen
(male)

Diefen HB User
Re: Addison Newbie Looking for Others :)

They're going to replace what you're deficient in, and that is sure to help. Beyond that, it's hard to say too much since there is huge variation in how people are affected. I was diagnosed 18 years ago and most days I'm as healthy as anyone else and feel great. Others aren't so lucky.

I find if I get a cold I feel like a very old man for 2- 5 days, and if I get a stomach flu I usually wind up in the emergency room. The first one is just boring and the second one only happens every couple of years.

It isn't a progressive disease, meaning it isn't just going to get worse every year.

Good luck.

Reply Reply