It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

Advice

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 01-24-2017, 03:34 PM   #1
msdanisaid
(female)

msdanisaid HB User
Advice

Hi everyone,

I am a 28 year old woman who has been suffering from multiple symptoms of which match Addison's Disease and only keep getting worse. It's coming to the point where everything is a chore because of how I feel physical and mentally. I was just looking for some advice on how to get my doctor to perform tests to find out if it really is Addison's Disease because every symptom checker and website about Addison's Disease match my symptoms to a T. Can anyone give me some advice?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-24-2017, 11:29 PM   #2
Dragonfly Wings
Senior Veteran
(female)

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
Re: Advice

Hi there, I just typed out a reply to you and cyber space ate it on up LOL.

Have you had any blood work done recently to make you believe it might be Addison's? If not a good starting point would be:
TSH
Free T4
Free T3
ACTH
Cortisol

If your ACTH & Cortisol come back with any issues it's likely they will wait a couple weeks or so and retest. If there's still an abnormality in your levels you will then require the Synacthen Stimulation Test, which as far as I know is the only diagnostic test for Addison's Disease/Adrenal Insufficiency. From experience if this comes back positive, they will call you the morning after said test

I am only newly diagnosed myself but this is the protocol that seems to be followed from what I have read.

For your own sake I hope it is not AD/AI, but it would be great if you let us know how things pan out for you! All the best
K.

Reply Reply