It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 02-02-2017, 05:56 AM   #1
Frankie2001
(male)

Frankie2001 HB User
DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone

Hi.

I'm currently in treatment for secondary Addison's with 20 mg. hydrocortisone / day. I'm still feeling very tired and am suffering from fatigue.

I've read a lot about DHEA and the scientific studies done in this area, in regards to Addison's patients, and am convinced that it will help me. I will be starting with supplementation, as soon as I've convinced my endo.
Furthermore I've read about Pregnenolone and Progesterone which, as I understand it, I'm also "missing" due to failure of ACTH stimulation of cholesterol to Pregnenolone.

My question is this; why would someone supplement all three hormones? I.e.; DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone.
It seems to me that Pregnenolone is the "mother hormone", which converts into both Progesterone and DHEA and hence, the Progesterone and DHEA levels will rise with Pregnenolone supplementation alone?

Also, does anyone know of any scientific studies for use of Pregnenolone and Progesterone supplementation on Addison patients?

Help will be much appreciated.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-28-2017, 09:59 PM   #2
jabele
(female)

jabele HB User
Re: DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankie2001 View Post
Hi.

I'm currently in treatment for secondary Addison's with 20 mg. hydrocortisone / day. I'm still feeling very tired and am suffering from fatigue.

I've read a lot about DHEA and the scientific studies done in this area, in regards to Addison's patients, and am convinced that it will help me. I will be starting with supplementation, as soon as I've convinced my endo.
Furthermore I've read about Pregnenolone and Progesterone which, as I understand it, I'm also "missing" due to failure of ACTH stimulation of cholesterol to Pregnenolone.

My question is this; why would someone supplement all three hormones? I.e.; DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone.
It seems to me that Pregnenolone is the "mother hormone", which converts into both Progesterone and DHEA and hence, the Progesterone and DHEA levels will rise with Pregnenolone supplementation alone?

Also, does anyone know of any scientific studies for use of Pregnenolone and Progesterone supplementation on Addison patients?

Help will be much appreciated.
I personally take dhea, progesterone and pregnenolone. I also have lymes and my lyme doc said I'm preg deficient. My guess is because of the addisons. I think the progesterone and preg help me most

Old 11-23-2017, 02:42 AM   #3
farshad
(male)

farshad HB User
Re: DHEA, Pregnenolone and Progesterone

"​This phenomenon has been termed "pregnenelone steal" to highlight the adrenal preference to create pregnenolone (and therefore cortisol) over progesterone. ""

So if you supplement with just pregnenolone it can skip converting to progesterone and just become cortisol.

Reply Reply