It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Dark circles like a racoon, Does anyone have this?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-18-2003, 12:07 AM   #1
    HeyThere
    Veteran

HeyThere HB User
    Post Dark circles like a racoon, Does anyone have this?

I've been searching and searching I posted in kidneys but only one responded.

I am getting a little concerned I have had them since about 9 years old they have darkened considerably over the years I am now 32. I have posted to womens health, but not about my dark circles.

I am just begining to see my daughter (3 yrs old) get them- I am wondering if it is adrenal, cortisol problems. What tests should I have run on her, if at all. When did you all start getting dark circles?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-30-2004, 03:43 PM   #2
    Nebraska Lady
    (female)

Nebraska Lady HB User
    Re: Dark circles like a racoon, Does anyone have this?

I have them too. And have Addison's. Did you ever find a connection?

Old 12-01-2004, 07:02 AM   #3
    annemv
    Veteran
    (female)

annemv HB User

I have them very badly also. I have adrenal fatigue.

Old 12-01-2004, 07:07 AM   #4
    Keraly
    Veteran
    (female)

Keraly HB User

Dear friends,

My son had them, and I finally found a "diagnosis" for the circles that seemed to fit. The one site I found said they were a sign of dehydration. He was later found to have low aldosterone (lower than range on labs). This would cause the salt wasting, and thus the dehydration. Have you had your aldosterone levels checked lately? More salt and water or Florinef could help! Hope so! ~ Tracy

Old 12-01-2004, 11:52 AM   #5
    Nebraska Lady
    (female)

Nebraska Lady HB User

Thanks for the info. It makes sense to be connected to dehydration. I have two grand kids with circles too. My family doctor just said he thought they were due to blood vessels near the surface and rubbing my eyes too much, in other words, I don't think he knew!

Old 12-02-2004, 06:57 AM   #6
    Keraly
    Veteran
    (female)

Keraly HB User

No. Sometimes they just try to reason things out. But I think some of these things are SO unusual, they should be looked at more seiously as hints about diagnoses. I've also heard one can have these from allergies, which my son also suffers from. Of course, with allergies, our noses can run quite a bit, and we might breath through our mouths at night and thus beCOME dehydrated, as well! How about you or your grandkids? ~ Tracy

Old 12-08-2004, 05:02 PM   #7
    Nebraska Lady
    (female)

Nebraska Lady HB User

I am leaning toward the dehydration theory. I think mine got worse when I cut my Florinef in half, although I am a big water drinker. As for my grandchildren, I've always commented that they hardly ever drink water.... On the other hand, my eyes are pretty itchy and I do rub them a lot so who knows.

Closed Thread