It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• What is Normal Ranges for Cortisol Stim Test

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-08-2003, 01:04 PM   #1
    exhausted

exhausted HB User
    Question What is Normal Ranges for Cortisol Stim Test

After being sick for over a year and seeing about 10 doctors, I am about to go to an endocrinologist this week. I just got a copy of all my bloodwork from my Family Practice Doctor and it looks like my Cortisol Stim. Test is high to me. I need to know what is abnormal. From the reference ranges listed on the test, it looks like I'm high.

My baseline was: 19
    After 30 minutes: 34
    After 1 Hr: 34
    After 90 Minutes: 24.4

Is this normal. My urine cortisol was normal. it was 26. My blood cortisol was low once, and now normal.

Any ideas?
    Thanks

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-17-2003, 09:50 AM   #2
    Eagle
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Eagle HB UserEagle HB UserEagle HB User
    Couldn't you call your regular doctor's ofc and ask?

By the time you read this, you'll have asked the endocrinologist, I guess. Sorry, I don't know. Will be in starting testing soon I guess, myself, trying to learn all I can here, so please keep us posted.

Most of the people here seem to like the saliva kit test. You already had that? Are the tests expensive?
    I have group ins. but just curious.

[This message has been edited by Eagle (edited 05-17-2003).]

Old 06-01-2003, 04:53 PM   #3
    Doby

Doby HB User
    I had an adrenal stress index that cost about $120 because my primary care doctor wouldn't order it for me. If he had it would have been free with my insurance. I felt it was important enough to just pay for it so I went to an ND and she had it done for me which showed Stage II adrenal dysfunction. My primary doc would have had me on Xanax for my anxiety symptoms, Zantac for my stomach symptoms, and a referral to an neurologist for MS. Best $120 I ever spent.

Closed Thread