It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Anyone on Slow Release Cortef?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-24-2004, 05:09 PM   #1
    sunny6
    (female)

sunny6 HB User
    Anyone on Slow Release Cortef?

Hi all,
    My doctor has written a Rx for slow relief cortef, which I am having made at a compounding pharmacy. I will start that along with 5 mg of cortef in the AM. My sympotms and my saliva tests indicate adrenal fatigue, not Addison's disease, and this is being offered as a physiological dose to help my adrenals to recover faster. I am also using various supplements that my MD has suggested. This approach is so very encouraging to me. I think it is just what my body needs to get over this hump. I can already notice more energy just from the supplements.

Has anyone else ever used Slow release Cortef? I really like my MD...it took me a long time to find him and his entire staff is into integrative and holisitc medicine.

Hope all of you are doing well. I am eager to hear if anyone else has used this method from a compounding pharmacy.

Take good care,
    Sunny

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-24-2004, 09:41 PM   #2
    sladedog
    (male)

sladedog HB User
    Re: Anyone on Slow Release Cortef?

hey Sunny!!
    Glad to hear that you're on the path to recovery! I myself am in the same boat as you- adrenal fatigue, not really addisons. I feel like I may be undertreated- I'm being treated by chiro- sports med (non-m.d)- he is treating me with isocort and DHEA- and a pretty strict diet. I haven't felt any better. My biggest complaint is that when I have any stress in my life (even positive stress) I feel horrible a few days after the stress has subsided- I can tell my body just gets worked by stress. If you have any tips on finding a md that will treat me a bit more aggresively please let me know!!
    Good luck with everything- and let me know how you respond to the cortef (I'm jealous!!)

Old 05-25-2004, 02:35 PM   #3
    sunny6
    (female)

sunny6 HB User
    Re: Anyone on Slow Release Cortef?

It's always great to hear from you Chris and thanks for your generous words of encouragment. You're a kind heart!

Dear Slade dog, I wish I could help. My heart goes out to you. You are so very loving to cheer me on....I am still waiting for the slow relief Cortef to arrive in the mail. It is my understanding that this board does not permit the use of specific MD's names and it also does not have a means to send direct e-mail between members. Given that as a bit of a hardship, let me tell you what may help you to find an integrative MD. Usually holistic docs use compounding pharmacists to have their natural hormones compounded for them. If you do a search you can find compounding pharmacies in your area, or..... out of your area, and call and talk with them about docs that work with them and use Cortef. You can also call all the local pharmacies in your area to see what docs write for Cortef. I found my doctor by doing an extensive google search using adrenal fatigue and then also adrenal exhaustion. Some sites have wonderful graphs and suggested protocols. I hope this helps. I will pray that you will be led to whatever it is that you most need for wellness. I wish I could offer you more specifics...but you are a bright being and you will be able to find your own way. Smiles are being
    sent to you!!!

Anyone actually ever use Slow relief Cortef? Am I the only one on this board to use it? Hey, I guess I'm a real trailblazer~

Hugs,
    Sunny

Last edited by sunny6; 05-27-2004 at 06:36 AM.

Closed Thread