It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Tried on Slow relief hydrocortisone

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-01-2004, 07:25 PM   #1
    sunny6
    (female)

sunny6 HB User
    Tried on Slow release hydrocortisone

Dear Ones,

I tried 10 mg of slow release hydrocortisone, prepared by a compounding pharmacist. ( taken once in AM, along with 2.5 mg of Cortef) I am waiting for my MD to call me back. After 4 days, I developed palpitations and my BP went up. I wonder if I may do better on the regular Cortef doses through out the day, instead of the slow release. I seem to have more of a problem with palps at bedtime, perhaps it is releasing too much of a dose too late at nite. Any thoughts, until I hear from my doc...probably tomorrow?
    Thanks,
    SUnny

Last edited by sunny6; 06-06-2004 at 03:34 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-06-2004, 07:51 PM   #2
    HeatherW

HeatherW HB User
    Re: Tried on Slow relief hydrocortisone

Maybe you should try some other longer acting med like prednisone or dexamethesone. That may help. Heather W

Old 06-06-2004, 08:13 PM   #3
    sunny6
    (female)

sunny6 HB User
    Re: Tried on Slow relief hydrocortisone

Hi Heather,

Thanks for your response. I recently posted a new entry. My doctor does not want to use prednisone and I am in agreement with him on this. Now I am using the Cortef and I am able to control and monitor/flex the dose. (He had me taking a super vitamin, which was actually increasing my problem with hypertension. I stopped that and switched to a more regular dosing of a multivit.) This, for me , is a lot of trial and error.
    Anyone with more experience with Cortef than me, please feel free to share.
    Take care,
    Sunny

Closed Thread