It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• paroxysmal hypertension

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 07-19-2004, 03:47 AM   #1
    Tanya2

Tanya2 HB User
    paroxysmal hypertension

Hi Everyone.

I have recently been diagnosed with proxysmal hypertension. It is hypertension that comes and goes. It comes as an attack with headache and flushing with palpatations. I am wondering if any of you with adrenal masses have this along with adrenal insufficiency? I have had a 24hr urine collection looking for pheos but it came back negative. I am going to wait until I have an attack to do the next one. Have the bottle in hand. I have had several abdominal CT scans for my kidneys not with contrast. I am wondering if this would have picked up an adrenal tumor or if I should have one of my adrenal glands specifically. I have other symptoms that suggest adrenal insufficiency including mild hyperpigmentation most recently. could this be caused from a tumor?

My Mom currently has an adrenal gland macroadenoma and is waiting to have it out to see if it is cancer as it is going. She also has hyperparathyroidism (all four glands) waiting on surgery there too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-27-2004, 09:17 AM   #2
    Keraly
    Veteran
    (female)

Keraly HB User
    Re: paroxysmal hypertension

Hi, Tanya -

Gee, it sounds like you and your Mom are facing some tough times! Didn't answer before, because I know less than anybody on this site! But it does seem possible for you to have some adrenal or autoimmune problems, since autoimmune diseases in general, I'm learning, tend to run in families. My Mom has M.S. and low thyroid function, my brother has low thyroid function, and my little boy has Type I Diabetes! Currently our eldest son is experiencing some symptoms that look like they would be tied to the adrenals, yet all tests are coming back normal thus far, giving us no explanation. I guess you probabaly need to have an MRI for your concerns? I surely hope you will find an explanation. My son's heart was pounding or racing for quite a while. Doesn't have that problem as much any more, but it sure was concerning. Once his pulse was 150 after he had just walked to the kitchen from the living room. On another occasion, he was shaky, so I took his BP and it was 150/110! Have you looked into thyroid problems, also? Just a thought. It's hard for me to tell whether my son fits more the Addison's or hypothyroid description. Hoping by my answering this post and bumping it up to the top of the list, more knowledgable members will "chime in"! It's no fun when we don't get any response. Once in a while that happens, I guess we have something that no one else knows about or can relate to. But that doesn't feel too good! ~ Tracy

Closed Thread