It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Adrenal insufficency

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 08-23-2004, 07:02 AM   #1
    brighterday
    (female)

brighterday HB User
    Question Adrenal insufficency

My husband had his adrenal glands removed because of RCC. He is on steroids and flornef. He has had some bad days where he gets sick to his stomach and his blood pressure is up. We went to ER once and his test showed levels were right but he still about once a week has these "spells". Does anyone else do this?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-24-2004, 09:27 AM   #2
    Keraly
    Veteran
    (female)

Keraly HB User
    Re: Adrenal insufficency

Noticed no on else has posted. Don't know as much as many, but thought I'd put forth the idea that perhaps they have missed something else that could be wrong? Sometimes when we have a diagnosis, nothing else is looked for. Perhaps he also has an ulcer or something of the sort? ~ Tracy

Old 10-08-2004, 06:24 AM   #3
    PunyDeb
    (female)

PunyDeb HB User
    One Adrenal Gland

I have secondary adrenal insufficiency, and had a kindey removed at age sixteen due to a birth defect. I've just learned they also took my adrenal gland on that side. Since my adrenal insufficiency is presumed to be adrenal suppression due to inhaled steroids for asthma, which I've discontinued, now I wonder if I'll ever have normal adrenal function again. My endo doesn't know yet that I only have one adrenal gland. I'll put a call in today to discuss this.

Does anyone else here have experience with anything similar? I know losing both adrenal glands requires lifelong cortisol replacement, but what about only one? I didn't seem to have this problem until the asthma inhaler fiasco.

Thanks.

Old 10-08-2004, 04:56 PM   #4
    Gail M.

Gail M. HB User

Hey PunyDeb, that inhaler wasn't an Advair Discus inhaler by any chance? I was on one for 21 days and that is when my adrenal insufficiency started. Just curious.

Gail M.

Old 10-08-2004, 07:57 PM   #5
    PunyDeb
    (female)

PunyDeb HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gail M.
    Hey PunyDeb, that inhaler wasn't an Advair Discus inhaler by any chance? I was on one for 21 days and that is when my adrenal insufficiency started. Just curious.

Gail M.
    Gail, it was Flovent, which is one of the components in Advair. Advair is Flovent and Serevent combined. I took my Flovent and Serevent separately. Still take Serevent, which isn't a steroid. So, yes. Same stuff with a different name.

Old 10-10-2004, 11:36 AM   #6
    chi33

chi33 HB User

Brighter,
    Whenever I forget or wait too long to take my isocort, I get extremely nauseaus and light-headed. This has also happened to me in times of stress. He may need to up his dosage, or at least when he under more stress. Don't know why his BP would be high, but should probably talk to your doctor.

Closed Thread