It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Adrenal Insufficiency coinciding with Thyroid Disorder

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2004, 02:36 PM   #1
    Concerned Male
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Concerned Male HB User
    Adrenal Insufficiency coinciding with Thyroid Disorder

I was wondering if someone could explain why many people that have a low thyroid also have adrenal problems? I heard that taking thyroid medication before addressing the adrenal insufficiency can actually make you feel worse? If you find out that you have an adrenal problem, is it alright to take medication for the adrenal problem while you're also taking thyroid medication? I'm on thyroid medication right now for a low thyroid, and I'm going to be taking a saliva test for my Cortisol level.

What are the main symptoms for Hypoadrenalism? I've been feeling bad for almost a year. I feel very tired and exhausted. I sleep well, but the next morning it feels like I haven't even slept at all. My concentration and focus is off and my short-term memory is bad. I also have a problem with my stomach. It gets bloated a lot, and it growls and rumbles often(not just when I haven't eaten in some time). I know that growling and rumbling might sound like a little thing. But it's embarassing when I'm around people and my stomach makes loud noises. People have told me that the noises sound weird and that they never heard someone's stomach making noises like that.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2004, 01:47 PM   #2
    Concerned Male
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Concerned Male HB User
    Re: Adrenal Insufficiency coinciding with Thyroid Disorder

Thanks Chris,
    What is the difference between Addison's Disease and Adrenal Insufficiency? Or is Addison's Disease a worse form of Adrenal Insufficiency?

I'm not overweight, but I do have more of a belly than I should for my weight. So maybe the Thyroid medication will help with the bloating in my stomach. When you say fluid, is that like water weight?

I've been taking the generic form of Armour Thyroid. My current doctor said that the generic form is sometimes not as potent. Cause I haven't felt any better yet. So he's going to switch me to the brand name. Can switching from the generic to the brand name cause any problems within my body? Thanks.

Closed Thread