It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• What's the difference between Addisons & adrenal fatigue?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-15-2004, 12:37 PM   #1
    lililala

lililala HB User
    What's the difference between Addisons & adrenal fatigue?

Just got back from my doc's. I've been on Armour for 5 years for low thyroid. Have been feeling lousy, my doc had me do a saliva cortisol test -- here are the results --

http://image.inkfrog.com/pix/lisethebeast/test.jpg

Basically, my cortisol is borderline low/normal, much lower than it was when we checked it 2 years ago. So, I know you can have Addison's with my levels; what's the determining factor? Autoimmune destruction of the adrenal glands?

Amd -- my wholistic doc was not interested in giving me cortef or Isocort -- they want me to try and rebuild my adrenals with glandulars, vitamins, herbs, and dietary restrictions -- no coffee, stimulants, alcohol, etc... Is this do-able? I feel so lousy, I really would like to feel better as soon as possible...

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-15-2004, 08:50 PM   #2
    Concerned Male
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Concerned Male HB User
    Re: What's the difference between Addisons & adrenal fatigue?

Chris,
    Did you cut out all sugar, caffeine, etc? Also, I heard that a person with adrenal problems should always get to bed by 10:00 pm. Do you think those things are necessary? Is Cortef similar to Isocort?

Old 10-15-2004, 10:30 PM   #3
    Concerned Male
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

Concerned Male HB User
    Re: What's the difference between Addisons & adrenal fatigue?

Thanks Chris,
    How long did you take Isocort for?

About how many hours a day did you used to sleep when you were looking for a doc to treat you? For me, I'm tired 24 hours a day and I'm just so sick of it.

Closed Thread