It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• It's not Addison's....It's Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-04-2005, 11:53 AM   #46
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

goody2shuz HB Usergoody2shuz HB User
    Re: It's not Addison's....It's Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome (POTS)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by heartlandguy
    That is really good news about your brother compared to your last report. I know that really makes your day brighter.

I've noticed that praying for each other seems more effective than praying for one's self. Have you ever heard any thoughts on that?
    The only thoughts would be my own....I think when we pray for others it's less selfish & giving of ourselves almost like a "communion of saints" working for God's purpose....which all goes to the Golden rule of loving others as we would like to be loved. Taking care of our brothers is a service to God so in serving God we are better able to serve one another. I gues that's how i see it, and like you, I do notice that praying for one another is more effective than for ourselves because sometimes when we pray for ourselves we may be asking for something that is not necessary but when we pray for others we are better able to pray for what is really needed. Like when I pray for you I pray for God to give me the words of wisdom to say what you need to hear at the given time. Thus I am praying for both of us...Goody

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-04-2005, 12:12 PM   #47
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by goody2shuz
    The only thoughts would be my own....
    What an excellent response! Thank you.

Old 05-06-2005, 02:49 PM   #48
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Okay, on that note......just got off the phone with MBF and she could really use some prayers. So if you could add her to your already long list (you may take me off for a while ) I'd really appreciate it. Forgive me for not being able to disclose more info but I will leave that to her to do if she needs. Thanks......Goody

Old 05-06-2005, 03:00 PM   #49
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

She has been added to my list. Wish her the best from me.

Old 05-08-2005, 06:38 PM   #50
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Heartland ~ I just wanted to let you know that thanks to you & your prayers my mom & I received the best Mother's Day ever. While celebrating Cinco de Mayo with our friends last night, my brother called sounding happier & with much relief stating...."This is the first day that I finally can say that I am feeling like myself again!!!" Goody celebrated with a double shot Margarita It was the best news I coud have heard & knew that it would be an especially Happy Mother's Day for my mom.

Today was great.....the girls made me breakfast (we all slept in) & I got my favorite of Honey bunches of Oats with fresh Blueberries. We watched "Stella" together as well as another girley movie called, "Follow the Stars Home". And then Goody got her surf & turf meal for having been jipped last Mother' day in preparation for my surgery and I was in awe of the 2lb lobster that Tom had picked out just for me It was great. Got 3 new books to read and some bulbs to plant at the summerhouse.....it was just a fabulous day.

Well.....just wanted to give you the good news and thank you for being part of it. (((((HUGS)))))........Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-09-2005 at 06:34 AM.

Old 05-08-2005, 11:33 PM   #51
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Goody, I really enjoyed your reply. Even though I am quite far removed from your brother, you have always made me feel like I know him. It makes me very happy to think that my prayers may have helped in some way. I imagine a chorus of prayers from your many friends and family are what made the difference so Iíll accept your thanks for all of us. Please update us periodically with his condition so we know that he is continuing to improve.

I saw from several of your posts that you must have had a wonderful Motherís Day. With your girls watching movies with you and passing the tissues, it must have been quite a sight. I believe you told Genster before how much you love lobster so the two pounder must have been heaven. I hope the beef for the surf and turf was from NebraskaÖ you deserve the very best!

We had a great day, too. Motherís Day is the perfect day for good news. Thanks for sharing yours.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:54 AM   #52
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Goody, I really enjoyed your reply. Even though I am quite far removed from your brother, you have always made me feel like I know him. It makes me very happy to think that my prayers may have helped in some way. I imagine a chorus of prayers from your many friends and family are what made the difference so Iíll accept your thanks for all of us. Please update us periodically with his condition so we know that he is continuing to improve.
    Yes....you seem to have the honor of knowing my family extended & all.....Goody just can't hide the fact that family is important to me and so you are bound to be pulled into the midst of it!!! I will certainly keep you updated and I expect it to be good news for a while.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Heartland
    I saw from several of your posts that you must have had a wonderful Motherís Day. With your girls watching movies with you and passing the tissues, it must have been quite a sight. I believe you told Genster before how much you love lobster so the two pounder must have been heaven. I hope the beef for the surf and turf was from NebraskaÖ you deserve the very best!

We had a great day, too. Motherís Day is the perfect day for good news. Thanks for sharing yours.
    Yes....it was quite the Mother's Day Seemed to make up for some not so great ones Would've been nicer spending it with my mom but I've learned how to share her with my brothers.....she was down in Charlotte with my other brother for my nieces Communion. We couldn't go because K. had an important college test to take.

Funny story about Lobsters....MBF who always gave me advice on dating, told me when Tom first took me out for a nice dinner to a seafood place...."Make sure you never order lobster....it's not only expensive but messy and if you really want to keep a guy you never order lobster!!!!" And for the longest time I didn't....in fact I think I didn't until after we were married I shared that story with Tom and he comically said....."She was absolutely right, because if I ever saw you eat a lobster the way that you do I might just have run the other way!!!!" But then again....he does know that I am better than one of our four fab women who sucks every bit of juice out of the legs and leaves nothing but the carcass She even eats the green digestive gunk Not, Goody, I know where to stop When I was pregnant with K. we went down to the Florida keys and Tom speared me a lobster while snorkeling & cooked it up for me....so although I was lacking in lobster in our dating years, Goody has never gone too long without her lobster ........Goody

PS ~ Do I sense that you have some good news to share as well?????

Old 05-09-2005, 01:35 PM   #53
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    MBF...could really use some prayers. ... Forgive me for not being able to disclose more info but I will leave that to her to do if she needs.
    Will she be offline because of this?

Old 05-09-2005, 01:45 PM   #54
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

No...she is off from work today & tomorrow....in fact we spoke for over an hour yesterday by phone & a two hour phone conversation today. Tomorrow we will probably be on for half the day.....we got alot of talking in today, really felt good for both of us.....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-10-2005 at 10:47 AM.

Old 05-09-2005, 02:13 PM   #55
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Tomorrow we will probably be on for half the day.....we got alot of talking in today, really felt good for both of us.
    Does this mean the end of this unmentionable problem is in sight?

Last edited by heartlandguy; 05-10-2005 at 10:29 AM.

Old 05-09-2005, 04:21 PM   #56
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

We must be getting that metaphysical thing back. All is right again in the world.

Last edited by heartlandguy; 05-10-2005 at 10:39 AM.

Old 05-09-2005, 05:09 PM   #57
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Quote:
    Does this change your perspective on your advice to me?????
    Nope, honesty is always best.

Last edited by heartlandguy; 05-10-2005 at 10:35 AM.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:36 PM   #58
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Quote:
    Nope, honesty is always best.
    "Danger....Will Robinson....I sense, Danger" .....Goody

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-10-2005 at 10:45 AM.

Old 05-09-2005, 06:53 PM   #59
    heartlandguy
    Senior Veteran
    (male)

heartlandguy HB User

Thanks for clarifying everything, my friend.

Last edited by heartlandguy; 05-10-2005 at 10:36 AM.

Old 05-10-2005, 10:12 AM   #60
    goody2shuz
    Inactive
    (female)

Okay....spoke to my brother who continues to do well. He has been out boating over the weekend and took my SIL out to brunch & dinner for Mother's Day. So.....it sounds as if finally things are much better & he is approaching more normality in his life. Thank God

Well....I guess that's the latest....again thanks for your continued support & prayers......Goody

PS ~ Have I mentioned to you lately what a wonderful friend you are????

Last edited by goody2shuz; 05-10-2005 at 10:50 AM.

Closed Thread