It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Possible Cushing???

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 06-26-2006, 03:11 PM   #1
    NikkiNak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NikkiNak HB User
    Question Possible Cushing???

Hello-

I am new on the addisons board- I am usually on the thyroid board due to Graves disease. I have some questions about Cushings Disease/Syndrome. If anyone could provide some insight it would be greatly appreciated.

As of lately due to a medical show I saw on t.v. I have started to research cushings. What alarmed me is the woman I watched on the t.v. show had a "buffalo hump" which I have also. I have only been diagnosed with graves disease since May and I am taking 10mgs of methimazole and 50mgs. of toprol xl for my treatment. I have NOT lost any weight with my graves and if anything I have gained around my mid section. I am still having anxiety/panic attacks not as bad as I did in the beginning of my illness (5 years of symptoms) but I am also on 20mgs of paroxetine.

My symptoms that are still with me are:
    acne all over
    buffalo hump
    boo-boo's don't heal fast
    fat rolls around my mid-section and the rest of me arms and legs are thin (5'2 and I weigh 150 lbs
    light and irregular periods

I know some of these could be due to the hyperT. I have never been on steroids. I just wanted to post this to see what you guys thought up here (haven't posted down there). I see my endo the end of july and I will ask him about my 'hump". I am only 33 so I thought that was kinda young to have this. I really don't know much about cushings. I wouldn't have even though about it but my sister-in-law asked me why I had a "hump" and then the t.v. show. I am just swallowing and digesting my graves diagnosis and now this.

Any input on this is welcome- Questions I need to ask my endo or researching I should do- Personal stories are always good too...............

Thanks in advance.

Nikki

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #2
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User
    Re: Possible Cushing???

.........Delete............

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 06-27-2006 at 11:47 AM. Reason: Deleted this one as I did two of the same post

Old 06-27-2006, 11:05 AM   #3
    MAD MAZ
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

MAD MAZ HB User

Hi Nikki How are you hun, I do not know if you have been reading any of my posts lately? But I also have been researching Cushing's because I have been having many different sysmtoms.

- High Prolactin Level (<1000 *normal about 25*)
    - Missed Periods.
    - Aches and pains like you.
    - Acne - coming up in spots on face. Not too bad though
    One thing I can say is that you are not too young too have it. I think I read that you said that you have been on Steroids. This can result in Cushings syndrome. I myself, I am still researching in to it. There is Cushing's Syndrome and Cushing's Disease.

I am now waitiing for an MRI scan on the brain. To see if I have a Pituritary Tumor which can cause Cushings. As Cushings is linked to "Adrenal Crisis" When was the last time you got your hormone level checked, i.e cortisol levels.

I have found an extremely good and helpful site that will guide you.
    (But I am not sure that I am allowed to post it. Do you know if I am allowed) There are so many peoples bio stories on there. There are many people who are in their twenties or thirties. If you know if I am allowed to post the web address could you let me know thanks.

Take care now. Will be looking out for you, and are here for you when you need the help.

Mandy. Got to be off have people coming round, :P I acctually made an effort to clean the house.

Last edited by MAD MAZ; 06-27-2006 at 11:48 AM.

Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM   #4
    NikkiNak
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

NikkiNak HB User

Hey Mandy-

Honestly I haven't been following your post because your normally on the hashis side of things and I am graves. Still trying to absorb that disease.

I don't know if I have ever had my hormone levels checked. Maybe when I was pregnant. I have not been on steriods that I am aware of. I will talk to my endo the end of july when I go see him about the hump. I don't know that I am even gonna say anything about cushings when I go in, just my symptoms. UGH.........Its so frustrating isn't it, Mandy???? I found a few sites on cushings so I have been looking. I don't know if you can post the sites or not. I am sorry I can't advise you on that one.

I will go back when I get a chance and look at some of your old posts. Thanks for your input girl. Hang in there yourself.

Nikki

Closed Thread