It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Sore Throat

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-14-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
    HairstYlist
    (female)

HairstYlist HB User
    Sore Throat

Do any of you get a sore throat? Do you think it has to do with AD? I have never had sore throats unless I was really sick in the past. But I have noticed I got them often. They came and go, I don't get any other symptoms. But my throat will be sore and then the next day it will be fine

Last edited by HairstYlist; 01-14-2007 at 04:49 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 01-15-2007, 03:10 AM   #2
    chrisS81
    Inactive
    (male)

chrisS81 HB User
    Re: Sore Throat

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HairstYlist View Post
    Do any of you get a sore throat? Do you think it has to do with AD? I have never had sore throats unless I was really sick in the past. But I have noticed I got them often. They came and go, I don't get any other symptoms. But my throat will be sore and then the next day it will be fine
    All. the. time.

That's one of my weird symptoms. The weird thing is.. when we upped my cortisol to 20mg, it caused my legs to get extra sore and stay sore and it did nothing for my cough(I cough a lot too). On 20mg I felt pretty bad, I could swear it was too much.

My throat gets sore off and on for a day or two and then it doesn't, and I also have a cough that never goes away. It's a few months now..

When you raise cortef, it's suppose to fight infections right? Get rid of sore throats, coughs, etc.. yet when I raised my cortef for a week it did nothing for my cough and just caused bad muscle aches in my legs and ankles especially, and cramping. When I lowered it to 15mg, a lot of the aches in my legs went away within a day or so, I don't understand that, but my sore throat is back..

I bet my monday morning calls make it fun to be my doctor.

Last edited by chrisS81; 01-15-2007 at 03:12 AM.

Old 01-15-2007, 07:22 PM   #3
    2jen
    (female)

2jen HB User

I have been having them for awhile now, and they come and go. Its not like I am sick, I just have a sore throat. It makes me feel better to know that I'm not alone.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:17 AM   #4
    HairstYlist
    (female)

HairstYlist HB User

Chris, I am not sure why you have body aches when you up your dose. I am not very educated on AD, still new at it. Maybe someone would be able to explain that to you. What does your doctor say to your symptoms (cough ect. )?

Yeah, as we speak my throat hurts but later it will be gone. How weird!!!

Old 01-16-2007, 09:57 AM   #5
    chrisS81
    Inactive
    (male)

chrisS81 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by HairstYlist View Post
    Chris, I am not sure why you have body aches when you up your dose. I am not very educated on AD, still new at it. Maybe someone would be able to explain that to you. What does your doctor say to your symptoms (cough ect. )?

Yeah, as we speak my throat hurts but later it will be gone. How weird!!!
    Haven't heard from my doctor on that yet, did you ask your doctor about your sore throat yet? Still looking for reasons over here, my doctor just think's I'm possibly heavy metal intoxicated(check signs for mercury poisoning), but we'll find out I suppose.

Old 01-16-2007, 06:34 PM   #6
    HairstYlist
    (female)

HairstYlist HB User

^^^No I didn't ask my doctor about the sore throat. I hope you find out about your body aches soon

Closed Thread