It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Nutritionist diagnosed Me w/ Adrenal Fatigue..worried about supplements..Please help!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 10-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #1
    missy101
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

missy101 HB User
    Nutritionist diagnosed Me w/ Adrenal Fatigue..worried about supplements..Please help!

Okay...so here are the basics. I am a 33 year old woman with one child who is 3. I will list my symptoms:

List of long term symptoms:

Hx of Anxiety, SVT, Depression, Irritability, PVCs and PACs and Fatigue
    (Anxiety, Tachycardia and Palpitations controlled with Klonopin and Metoprolol)

Allergies seasonal

Highly sensitive in general to EVERYTHING (mosquito bite gets huge and red everything seems exaggerated)

Symptoms since having child (3 years ago):

Heavy periods with clotting
    Irregularity in periods
    Breast tenderness
    Major bloating in abdomen and chest prior to period
    Lightheadedness
    Low BP
    Mood Swings
    Brain Fog
    Very low energy levels
    Increasingly severe fatigue
    Insomnia (recent)
    Hot Flashes (recent)
    Increased Irritability
    Increase in headaches sinus type
    Body aches
    Exercise Intolerance
    Extreme difficulty losing extra 20lbs all around waist and breast area

The very worst part is my extreme fatigue.

I have taken a ton of tests in the past month and my Dr said I was fine - probably have PMDD and to take Lexapro. I did not like that answer as I felt it was false. I knew this was physical.

I spoke to a woman who runs a pharmacy in town. She deals with a lot of hormonal issues and is a nutrionist and pharmacist. She saw the results of all of my tests and said I definatly have adrenal fatigue. We have spoken for hours over the past week. My cortisol result was 7 at 10am. She said that was way too low - especially for that time of day.

She gave me supplements to take and I am VERY worried about taking them due to my history of anxiety and tachycardia. I will list the ingredients:

Liquid Formula #1

Vitamin B12 400 mcg
    Magnesium 100 mg
    Ribose
    Cordyceps
    Rhodiola Crenulata
    Taurine 1000 mg
    Rhodiola Rosea 250 mg

Liquid Formula #2

********** 200 mg
    Tropical Fruit Blend 200 mg including:
    Wolfberry
    Noni
    Longan
    Patagonal

Do I have anything to worry about with these ingredients?? I am very afraid of taking new things - especially herbals.

Please please - any advice, suggestions, stories - PLEASE share.

Thank you!!

Heather

The Following User Says Thank You to missy101 For This Useful Post:
    treashures (08-31-2011)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 10-05-2007, 12:42 AM   #2
    Dawn Elise
    (female)

Dawn Elise HB User
    Re: Nutritionist diagnosed Me w/ Adrenal Fatigue..worried about supplements..Please h

I do know that Taurine will help with the tachycardia.....it helps regulate the heart. I took it for years. No problems.

Old 05-03-2008, 04:19 AM   #3
    BRAYSMOM73
    (female)

BRAYSMOM73 HB User
    Re: Nutritionist diagnosed Me w/ Adrenal Fatigue..worried about supplements..Please h

I have read your original post to this which was three years ago almost. I read that and thought wow that is me to a TEE! At the time you were 33 with a three year old, anxiety with tachycardia etc. Currently I am 34 with a three year old and I too have anxiety and had tachycardia, now with adrenal fatigue and a majority of all the symptoms you listed below.

I am curious how you are feeling now almost three years later on the list of supplements that you are taking and listed below?

Old 05-07-2008, 06:32 AM   #4
    nopearce
    (female)

nopearce HB User

Your symptoms are almost exactly like mine. The brain fog was because I was given all kinds of medicine to treat my symptoms, but when they found out I had secondary adrenal insufficiency caused by Advair and Nasonex, my doctor took me off of a lot of the meds. I take Bystolic and another med for my high blood pressure and fast heart rate. They will try to keep me on just Bystolic soon.

I also can't work right now because I have had spine and rotator cuff surgery in the past year, and I have no stamina. I can't exercise, take stressful situations, or any loud noises. They say it will take a year to get better, but I will never have the stamina I used to have. But at least there is hope.

Closed Thread