It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Diagnosing Adrenal Fatigue

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 11-18-2007, 01:59 PM   #1
    staceymck
    (female)

staceymck HB User
    Exclamation Diagnosing Adrenal Fatigue

Hi there..
    I have been going to my doctor to get some blood work taken and to investigate my constant fatigue... I never even thought of adrenal fatigue as the culprit, but the more I read the symptoms the more it sounds like a possibility.

I was diagnosed Hypothyroid in 2003 and have taken medication daily ever since... my levels have been consistant for years, I was generally feeling 100% better since 2006. Lately my fatigue has been so extreme it reminded me of those Hypo days before I got medication... however all my tests for my thyroid are all perfect, including my free T4, T3, etc. I have no problem losing weight, in fact I have lost 15 lbs in 3 months due to stress (I am already thin and wasn't trying to lose).

My symptoms that I currently experience are EXTREME daily fatigue... I am on a consistent schedule, working dayshift, in bed before midnight and up at the same time.. I sleep like A LOG... don't wake up.. I sleep by myself as my fiance works midnights... yet when I wake up I have to crawl out of bed, I feel like DEATH........ I feel like I didn't sleep..

I have been having alot of muscle weakness and aches lately... I have no energy for the gym, so I haven't been going.. I have been going through a tonne of stress/depression in the last 4 months... I've been eating alot less, therefore losing the 15lbs.. I look completely ill... dark circles.. skin looks pale and sunken.. I have no energy and I just don't even feel like doing anything besides sleeping. My whole energy has changed.. don't feel happy or like my usual self..

I have been very dizzy lately.. standing up first thing in the morning, or at certain periods of time but I always blamed that on not eating enough?
    I also didn't get my last menstrual period.. it was so light almost non-existent only lasting for a day..

I know I can't be diagnosed on here (I am seeing my doctor next week) but if all my vitamins, b12, thyroid and everything comes back normal, what tests can I ask her to test to suggest possible adrenal fatigue?

I have never had my cortisol levels or any type of hormones tested before so I am not sure what to ask for...

Thanks so much..

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 11-24-2007, 09:32 PM   #2
    bittygirl
    (female)

bittygirl HB User
    Re: Diagnosing Adrenal Fatigue

your symptoms sound just like mine except I dont loose weight. I have been going to doctor to doctor with no sucess but I strongly belive its adrenals. You will need to ask specificly for DHEAS test with serum cortisol and also a stimulation cortisol test to test for addisons disease. My numbers on on the low the lower end for DHEAS and cortisol but I dont have addisons so the doc wont do anything for me. Im so frustrated i started taking my own adrenal support supplement to try and help out but I dont feel any diffrent yet.
    good luck to you.

Old 11-25-2007, 08:59 PM   #3
    kmatthew
    Veteran
    (female)

kmatthew HB User

You also need to ask for an ACTH test, as well as an insulin tolerance test.

I hope you feel better soon.
    KM

Old 12-03-2007, 07:47 PM   #4
    tired47
    (female)

tired47 HB User

Hi ! I just read your post and have very similar symptoms ( no dizziness). After almost 1 year of going in circles ( boy could I write a book) i switched to a D.O. physician who believes in holistic methods too. To make a long story short he believes I have adrenal fatigue.... I have been searching all day and have many questions. Is there anyone who is diagnosed with this and do you fully recover. I am doing the saliva test, he tested my cortisol several months ago, normal. I was deficient in vitamin D and parathryoids. Just like you all I feel terrible. What questions should I ask and what else should I do. I went to an endo, they found the low vitamin D , got level up and said there is nothing else wrong with me... must be chronic fatigue syndrome/ just means "can't find something"...I have lost over 34 lbs, don't need to lose anymore , no appetite, no energy, muscle spasms, had partial thryoidectomy last year (on no meds, endo says it is functional). Any advice/help is SO greatly appreciated. I just want my life back!!!!!

Closed Thread