It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Does a morning ACTH of 69 (7-50) and an AM Cortisol of 8.8 (4-22) look like Primary?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-02-2008, 01:37 PM   #31
    TheAntiEndo
    (male)

TheAntiEndo HB User
    Re: Does a morning ACTH of 69 (7-50) and an AM Cortisol of 8.8 (4-22) look like Prima

Well, I just had "The Talk" at work, (an imprumptu performace review).

Basically, I have to get a Doctor to ok some Medical Leave time for me, or it just gets chalked up to "disciplinary problems", and they have better grounds to let me go.

How am I going to get my Endo, (who suspects all the adrenal test results were flukes and is trying to redo them), to sign off on Medical Leave?

I'm really the only one in the family who can work, and that ability is quickly declining.

I've basically got nothing left, (at work or at home). I have no ambition, no motivation, no stamina, no drive, and whenever a stressful situation comes along I either have to distance myself from it or get nasty panic attacks. I have little to no control over what happens to me, my body, my wife's body, or our kids.

I honesly don't deserve to keep the job based on my performance, but it's really the only thing keeping us all from going under. If I was to lose it, I don't think I could gather up the strength or will to even go job hunting, and if I did somehow land one, I don't know how I'd survive once I started. This sucks.

(It's all starting to feel like a very bad dream. Again.)

Any advice on what to do?

Last edited by TheAntiEndo; 05-02-2008 at 01:45 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #32
    mkgb
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

mkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB Usermkgb HB User
    Re: Does a morning ACTH of 69 (7-50) and an AM Cortisol of 8.8 (4-22) look like Prima

Can you get your GP to sign off on it given the lab results in hand? Maybe they will give you a token dose of hydrocortisone. They should not have an issue giving you a note stating the need for leave for past and future testing. In the mean time I am assuming the Endo has given you no hydrocortisol? You might be able to get a small boost by topical application of hydrocortisome cream.

Call and talk to the Endo's nurse. explain the situation and fax in a formal letter as to what your employer needs. Then the Endo doesn't have to write it.. just sign it. I wish you didn't have to add this stress in your situation. Is there anyway you can work in a different role or do some work from home? I am not sure of your position, but maybe there are ways to work around it and still get the job done.

If the Endo is wanting a retest your GP should be able to redo it so you do not have to wait on him. I would be going to a DO with results in hand and begging for treatment. I went around my Endo for treatment.

MG

Closed Thread