It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• side effects of Addison's

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 09-18-2009, 04:04 PM   #1
    rose34511
    (female)

rose34511 HB User
    side effects of Addison's

Please help me find the right questions to ask my doctor.

Hi, I saw some postings somewhat related to my question but I didn't really find an answer. I had a n Addison's Test yesterday and obviously I don't have the results back yet but I diffinately felt like something changed when I had it. Many of the normal symptoms of Addison's I have but they can be attributed to other conditions I've already been diagnosed with. I do seem to have random drops in bp but also huge spikes. My question is usually my blood pressure runs really high when I go to the doctor due to anxiety levels (that alone suggests to me that I don't have Addison's) but this time as soon as I got back to the waiting room to wait for my second draw (right after the ACTH shot)I could feel my anxiety level and bp going down. When people say they feel better I don't think that's what they mean. When I got home after fighting rush hour traffic my bp was 116/67, higher than it can run in the morning but still perfectly normal, where my normal reaction to a visit to the the doctor puts my bp around 140-160/80. Could something about the test have regulated my high bp? Has anyone else had a reaction like that?

Sponsors Lightbulb

Closed Thread