It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Addison's Disease Message Board

• Salt Supplements

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 04-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #1
    sadaboutaddison
    (female)

sadaboutaddison HB User
    Salt Supplements

Hi!
    Has anyone tried salt supplements- I was put on them yeasterday I have addison's (low cortesol and low aldestorone) taking 30 mg of hydrocortisone and 1/2 to 3/4 of fludrocort . The salt supplement is Thermotabs(buffered),
    wondering if any one had good results with them or any type of side effects.
    Please let me know your experience with them.
    S-

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-22-2010, 12:19 PM   #2
    kristiann
    (female)

kristiann HB User
    Re: Salt Supplements

I take 20mg of hydrocortisone and go between a half and whole pill of fludrocort depending on my activity level. I take the same salt supplement if it is really hot and humid or if I am biking a crazy distance. I live in Wisconsin so this is only in the summer months. I wonder why your doctor doesn't increase your fludrocort rather than going with the supplement? My sodium isn't very stable so if I am feeling poorly I increase my FC or eat a few pickles! Good luck.

Old 04-22-2010, 02:16 PM   #3
    sadaboutaddison
    (female)

sadaboutaddison HB User

Thanks for the reply,
    I was on fludrocort 0.1 aday, but it was causing to much puffiness and face mooning, so I was put on a 1/2 pill aday. I am also on hydrocortisone 30 mg aday. I was doing real good on the 1/2 pill dose for a little while then I pushed myself to much around the house. I had blood work done and I do run low range for sodium so the Dr felt this would help, she told me not to take more than 3 aday (odium tabs)seems to work for me on 1 aday. No dizziness!!
    Thanks again
    S-

Old 04-23-2010, 06:58 AM   #4
    kristiann
    (female)

kristiann HB User

Fludrocort makes me puffy too but I do feel better. I wonder if the salt tabs do the same thing without the puffiness. Interesting.

Old 04-23-2010, 12:16 PM   #5
    sadaboutaddison
    (female)

sadaboutaddison HB User

Hi!
    Just to let you know I am still on fludrocort 1/2 of the dose, the 0.1 was making me to puffy, so the doctor suggested taking the salt tab because my sodium level is on the low side of the good range. Talk to your dr 1 st .

Closed Thread