It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Do I have adrenal fatigue?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-05-2015, 12:33 AM   #1
    jamaldb93
    (male)

jamaldb93 HB User
    Do I have adrenal fatigue?

I've been having a series of growing health problems for about 5 years, and I think I've finally found what's wrong with me. I just need other peoples opinions based on my symptoms.

Waking up earlier than I feel I should & debilitating fatigue that starts when I wake up: for example, I could fall asleep around 4 am if I'm having trouble sleeping then wake up at around 8 or 9. When I wake up, I'm so tired, I'm still holding my eyes closed hoping that I could go back to sleep and hopefully feel more refreshed.

Weight gain & trouble losing weight: when this illness got worse, I gained about 30-40 pounds in what seemed like a week or two, while still being on a weight loss regimen! Ever since, I try here and there to continue losing weight, but with zero results.

Extreme fatigue after working out: if I do a high intensity workout, I'm sore for a week or more. And I'm not talking about the traditional soreness most people get...my limbs tremble like they could give out. The soreness feels like a stabbing pain that won't go away with pain killers. Last time I did a workout it literally felt like someone was stabbing me in the leg with a knife.

Weak immune system: if you have it, I'm going to catch it is my rule for being around people with illnesses...especially colds. It's very easy for me to catch things.

Stomach (acid) problems: I've almost literally been fighting with my stomach just about every day for the past 3 years. Indigestion is a daily thing, and the nausea that comes with it can vary to uncomfortable to nearly unbearable. At times the only way to feel better is to vomit the exess acid because no acid controlling medicine can stop it.

Stress: this is a big one for me. I can't handle stress at all. I've lost a lot of friends from exploding on them for something small. I usually remain alone at work because I get stressed out on people and avoid them. My body feels it too...I'll feel heavier and heavier if my body is under physical stress. I also always have a sort of stressed out look on my face like I don't want to be wherever I am and I can't control it.

Increased energy late at night: if I pass the 9 pm mark, I get a second wind. This isn't good because I'll usually be up at 9 pm and not want to sleep because its too early. By the time I wait til about 12, my second wind comes in and I can't sleep until about 3 or 4.sometimes it could be later than that. I describe this as "my brain won't turn off".

Brain fog: I'll feel like I'm going through my day in a dream like state. I'll have trouble focusing on tasks or remembering things.

Dark circles under my eyes: people get the idea that I'm a couple of years older because of it and I hate it. I've had a couple of people call me an old man, and I'm only 22.

Lastly, anxiety and depression: I've gone through a tough time controlling my anxiety. It got to the point where I was too afraid to go too far from my house from being so sick. And my self esteem has dropped from the weight gain and dark circles. I always seem to catch myself reflecting on all of the problems in my life too instead of thinking ahead. I also use to get panic attacks which were no fun.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2016, 04:16 PM   #2
    falamoa
    (male)

falamoa HB User
    Re: Do I have adrenal fatigue?

Do you remember a certain point in your life when thee symptoms came on? A lot of people can pin point when they started experiencing adrenal fatigue symptoms.

Secondly, you might be interested to know about the connection between gut and mental health. What you put in your body has a lot more to do with how you feel mentally than you would think. There are all sorts of studies on gut-brain connection, I recommend checking these out.

Old 05-18-2016, 12:02 PM   #3
    sigmagoose
    Inactive
    (female)

sigmagoose HB User

Your thyroid is having issues.... your adrenals are part of the endocrine system and both of them to be address for the endocrine system can work properly. A lot of people don't realize there is a direct link between thyroid disorders and digestive issues, mood swings, weight loss, respiratory illness (repeatitive), etc. You are showing almost classic signs.

Have you ever been tested for hypothyroidism?

Old 10-20-2016, 12:41 PM   #4
    CallieKay
    (female)

CallieKay HB User

I know how you feel.

I think you should have your thyroid checked. Tell your doctor you want TSH, Free T4, Free T3 and check antibodies as well. Report back to the thyroid board--there are very knowledgeable people who can help interpret what's going on.

Last edited by Administrator; 11-03-2016 at 05:28 PM.

Reply Reply