It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Addisons Disease and high blood pressure and high heart rate

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 10-17-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
    Queenie1953
    (female)

Queenie1953 HB User
    Addisons Disease and high blood pressure and high heart rate

Hi, diagnosed with Addidsons, primary, about a year ago. Have now developed high blood pressure (up to 203/90) and resting heart rate around 130. Am now on blood pressure medication which controls blood pressure, but heart rate is still 130. Have been checked and rechecked by Cardiologist, he says everything is fine. I'm not comfortable with my heart rate being that high. Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-24-2017, 12:22 PM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: Addisons Disease and high blood pressure and high heart rate

Hello Queenie,

How are you going now? Did you get to the bottom of what was happening? I too am currently having the same issues which was being blamed first on medication (hydro) and then my anxiety - which I know it's not the only underlying factor. My RHR used to be around 60, now I'm lucky for it to be under 100. I purchased a fitbit with HR monitor just this week actually to keep a better eye on it & my blood pressure is sitting on around 140/97 (my last reading), which doc said is fine, but again prior to becoming so unwell my BP used to consistently - even through pregnancy, be around 100/60.

I would be interested to hear how you went
    K.

Reply Reply