It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• ?? Addison's

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-27-2017, 08:59 AM   #1
    Nicevs
    (female)

Nicevs HB User
    ?? Addison's

Hi there, I'm new here. Long story short. I have underactive thyroid of 11 years, B12 deficiency and diagnosed coeliac in August 2016. Been fine on the new diet until 6 weeks ago. Started to feel suddenly weak, shaky, hot then cold, extreme fatigue, thirsty, starving hungry every two hours. Had bloods done my sugar was low despite eating. Seeing endocrine Fri for the synacthen injection. Apparently my cortisol was low duhadt year (nobody said!) but I know this can alter throughout the day.
    Worried
    Can you share your symptoms of Addison's pre diagnosis with me?? I've gone from being a tri athlete to suffering during and especially after exercise. It's awful. Roll on Friday though I'm hoping for good news.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2017, 12:10 PM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: ?? Addison's

Hey there,

Sorry to hear you're not doing so well! My symptoms were very much similar to yours. Ensure they do your test at around 8am, this is the best time for the most accurate readings.

I wish you all the best on this journey!
    K.

Old 03-27-2017, 01:07 PM   #3
    Nicevs
    (female)

Nicevs HB User

Thank you for your reply. How are you now? How do you cope with the fatigue? Does that go after you start meds? I've got so young children and it's a struggle most days at the mo

Old 03-28-2017, 01:06 PM   #4
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User

Hello again It appears I am stalking you this morning LOL.

Unfortunately my symptoms are yet to alleviate We are still playing with my steroid levels and trying to work out what is best for me, it certainly is a long road and I don't envy you having small children **hugs**. I have three myself but they are in school now so I am able to rest during the day before I have to work. That said, even though I only work 3hrs a day I have had to drop back to only 3 days a week as my body just can't handle it any longer.

My best advice if you do have adrenal insufficiency is to try not to push yourself into doing too much. If I push myself for even one day, I seriously pay for it for the next few days.

Keep in touch if you like!
    K xx

Reply Reply