It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• 27 and feel like I'm dying, please help...

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-27-2017, 12:15 PM   #1
    TiredKittyKat
    (female)

TiredKittyKat HB User
    27 and feel like I'm dying, please help...

It's awful having an illness no one can see. I'm so tired of being told I'm lazy and too young to feel this way. Please, can someone look my care plan out and tell me where I'm going wrong? I work night shift, keep in mind. My Saliva test results were as follow: (Morning)0.8, (Noon) 0.8, (evening) 0.7, (night), 2.3

I realize night shift doesn't make this any easier but Ive had this since I was a teenager, I just had no idea what it was and thought everyone felt this way and that I was just inferior in some way shape or form. (I took Ritalin/Adderall since around 9 years old, so I think that might have had a big part in my AF. I only take it now on rare occasions.) (Also, been on Paxil and Prozac in the past for depression. I may need to get back on something for the sake of my mental health, but even when on an antidepressant I only feel maybe 10% better..and only mentally. Physically I still suffer.)

Anyway this is how I supplement:

9PM/time to wake up:

AdrenAll
    Carlsons mini multi (minerals&vitamins)
    Fatigued to Fantastic B Complex

7AM/time to go to bed:
    AdrenVive
    Magnesium Glycate 400
    Acidohpilus
    Carlsons mini multi

I still feel like death. No energy. All I do is sleep. I've actually had to start taking naps on my 30 min breaks. I either sleep 24 hours, or not at all, for days. Muscle weakness, brain fog, depression/crying spells, easily agitated/no patience for social gatherings/people, anxiety, fingers and toes swelling (so haven't done Sole water), plummeting blood sugar, IBS, joint pain in ankles and wrists especially when I don't get enough sleep, inability to lose weight/weight gain. I take the trash out and need to sleep the rest of the night. I go to the grocery store and need a whole day OR TWO to recover. Is this REALLY living?

Any suggestions on what I should try? I'm going to start coconut water and was looking into ACV pills for suspected candida overgrowth/acid reflux. Also thinking of adding in Vitamin C.

Please help me. I feel like I'm dying. I have no quality of life and feel awful for saying so, because there are so much worse things to suffer with out there. I want to lose weight and start a family...I also want to be able to DO things with my kids and not be in bed all day. No point in having them if I'll miss them growing up...I'm just so sad

Last edited by TiredKittyKat; 04-27-2017 at 12:40 PM. Reason: added symptoms

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-27-2017, 01:39 PM   #2
    Dragonfly Wings
    Senior Veteran

Dragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB UserDragonfly Wings HB User
    Re: 27 and feel like I'm dying, please help...

Hey there,

sorry to hear how unwell you are feeling! I am feeling very similar and have been diagnosed with adrenal insufficiency. I am unsure what your results mean though, as you don't have the test guidelines there but cortisol should be highest in the morning. I am assuming here it is highest of a night time as this is when your body is routined to wake up? It is important that your doctor know your daily routine is different when testing cortisol and acth levels.

If the levels you mentioned above are indeed low I would ask your treating doctor to be referred for a STIM test for your cortisol levels to be properly analysed so you can receive the appropriate treatment if you do indeed have an adrenal/cortisol issue.

Have you also had a full thyroid panel and iron work up done? These would also be helpful for you to be on the right track. Quite often all three things are interlinked from experience.

I hope you're able to get to the bottom of this!
    DW.

Last edited by Dragonfly Wings; 04-27-2017 at 01:40 PM.

Old 04-27-2017, 07:10 PM   #3
    TiredKittyKat
    (female)

TiredKittyKat HB User

I'm kind of in a pickle there. My doctor doesn't accept my insurance anymore, and even if he did he didn't know anything about AF, so I'm looking for a new doctor. Also, I'm super poor. I know I had my thyroid tested years ago but everything came back okay. Not sure where to go from here. Going to start looking for doctors in the area.

As far as my test results, I labeled the saliva collections as "night shift" so I'm assuming they reflect my normal schedule: wake up at 8-test at 9, again at midnight, 4am, then 7am then bed.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #4
    Lavenne17
    (female)

Lavenne17 HB User

Hi. I'm sorry to hear that you're having such a hard time. I am a 45 year old female who for most of my life since I was a teenager suffered from extreme fatigue. I too was called lazy. Other than that I didn't have a lot of symptoms. As the years went on the fatigue became chronic. And I also begin to ache in my neck,shoulders and back. Sometimes it would be burning pain that required an ice pack.

I knew something was wrong with me. Every doctor that I went to would make me feel like I was crazy. I would get so discouraged that I wouldn't go back to the doctor for a few years. Finally I found a rheumatologist out of town that I went to. And he diagnosed me with Fibromyalgia and Lupus. I take Lyrica, Plaquenil and Flurbiprofen. And I've been taking supplements for years; magnesium, vitamin B12, vitamin D, HTP 5 and multi vitamin. I still remained exhausted most of the time.

And then about a year ago I became depressed I didn't realize that's what it was. I'd read that it one of the many symptoms of Fibromyalgia.
    It completely took over my life. I quit my job. I left my husband. I isolated myself. About a month ago I decided to finally speak to my doctor about the depression. I was tired, unmotivated, unable to focus, anti-social and easily bothered. I was prescribed Prozac 10mg. It made me even more tired, extremely emotional, short tempered and severely depressed. After 3 weeks I was ready to give up on life. My friend told me to request to be put on Wellbutrin. I did my research and many people said that it gave them energy. I am now taking both. It took about a week and a half and it has made a miraculous difference in my life. My depression is gone, I have plenty of energy, my emotions and temper are under control and I'm super focused. I have my life back!!! Wellbutrin is worth trying. Good Luck to you!!!

Old 05-01-2017, 06:50 PM   #5
    Lavenne17
    (female)

Lavenne17 HB User

Muscle weakness, brain fog, depression/crying spells, easily agitated/no patience for social gatherings/people, anxiety, fingers and toes swelling, plummeting blood sugar, IBS, joint pain in ankles and wrists especially when I don't get enough sleep, inability to lose weight/weight gain. These symptoms you've listed are most of my Fibromyalgia symptoms. AND although fibromyalgia mimics a few other health conditions. It's worth looking into.

Last edited by Lavenne17; 05-01-2017 at 06:56 PM.

Old 06-13-2017, 03:59 PM   #6
    Jmsred222
    (female)

Jmsred222 HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by TiredKittyKat View Post
    It's awful having an illness no one can see. I'm so tired of being told I'm lazy and too young to feel this way. Please, can someone look my care plan out and tell me where I'm going wrong? I work night shift, keep in mind. My Saliva test results were as follow: (Morning)0.8, (Noon) 0.8, (evening) 0.7, (night), 2.3

I realize night shift doesn't make this any easier but Ive had this since I was a teenager, I just had no idea what it was and thought everyone felt this way and that I was just inferior in some way shape or form. (I took Ritalin/Adderall since around 9 years old, so I think that might have had a big part in my AF. I only take it now on rare occasions.) (Also, been on Paxil and Prozac in the past for depression. I may need to get back on something for the sake of my mental health, but even when on an antidepressant I only feel maybe 10% better..and only mentally. Physically I still suffer.)

Anyway this is how I supplement:

9PM/time to wake up:

AdrenAll
    Carlsons mini multi (minerals&vitamins)
    Fatigued to Fantastic B Complex

7AM/time to go to bed:
    AdrenVive
    Magnesium Glycate 400
    Acidohpilus
    Carlsons mini multi

I still feel like death. No energy. All I do is sleep. I've actually had to start taking naps on my 30 min breaks. I either sleep 24 hours, or not at all, for days. Muscle weakness, brain fog, depression/crying spells, easily agitated/no patience for social gatherings/people, anxiety, fingers and toes swelling (so haven't done Sole water), plummeting blood sugar, IBS, joint pain in ankles and wrists especially when I don't get enough sleep, inability to lose weight/weight gain. I take the trash out and need to sleep the rest of the night. I go to the grocery store and need a whole day OR TWO to recover. Is this REALLY living?

Any suggestions on what I should try? I'm going to start coconut water and was looking into ACV pills for suspected candida overgrowth/acid reflux. Also thinking of adding in Vitamin C.

Please help me. I feel like I'm dying. I have no quality of life and feel awful for saying so, because there are so much worse things to suffer with out there. I want to lose weight and start a family...I also want to be able to DO things with my kids and not be in bed all day. No point in having them if I'll miss them growing up...I'm just so sad
    Wow your story sounds all too familiar. I am 27 as well and work night shift as a cna. I also have hypotyroidsm and type 1 diabetic now as well and I can tell u if your still having symptoms you either have another problem with your endocrine system bc addisions disease will attack it or you not on right amount of medicine. You should be tested often and keep changing your meds til you find what works for you. I also noticed that if my levels are off the biggest sign is being tired and my knuckles will turn dark. Hope this helps.

Old 07-22-2017, 09:41 PM   #7
    mib247
    (female)

mib247 HB User
    Smile Re: 27 and feel like I'm dying, please help...

You are not on the correct medication. You need be taking a steroid, hydrocortisone, everyday..or night in your case . Having Addison's or Adrenal Insuficeincy is serious and the major hormone needed for life your are not producing, cortisol. You are taking supplements right now which is good but you need to replace your cortisol. See if your doctor will do a ACTH test on you or find a GOOD endocrinologist who has some knowledge about adrenal conditions. Whoever diagnosed you should have known to put you on steroids.

Please research the two conditions. They can be managed with the right medication, which takes time to figure out, but it can be done. I'm assuming your saliva test was to check your cortisol levels? If this is the case, they are barely there!!

Last edited by Moderator1; 07-23-2017 at 05:03 AM.

Reply Reply