It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Could it be Addison's?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 08-25-2022, 08:27 AM   #1
    KMercer1959

KMercer1959 HB User
    Could it be Addison's?

Hi, wondering if anyone could offer any advice on how to approach an going situation with my Mum.

Since this time last year, my Mum, who is 63 years old and was in good health prior to this, has developed a range of vague symptoms, which have gradually got worse over the last few months.

Unintentional weight loss, her diet didn't change but she has been losing weight to the point where she has no more weight to lose. In the last two months, she now has loss of appetite.

She has lethargy, extreme fatigue, she can sleep all day and night, and would still not feel awake or refreshed. This has been feeling like this for months, getting worse to the point, where any daily activity is a slog, like trending through mud she compares it to.

She feels nauseous, is urinating more and has low blood pressure (I've been recording it three times a day).

She feels dizzy when she stands up. She's more thirsty, has muscle weakness, difficulty concentrating and back pain.

Since October last year, she has been experiencing what we're calling episodes. Random days of the week around 4 or 4.30, she'll start having a vice like grip headache, followed by extreme drowsiness, loss of posture, confusion, instability on feet. I have to help her get to bed before it gets to the point she can't get up the stairs.

She's had a head MRi - thankfully clear. She's had an ultrasound on her kidneys and bladder- also clear.

I've had to ring an ambulance on four separate occasions since last October. She's had loss of consciousness, low blood pressure, low blood sugar and dehydration but every time they discharge her without a diagnosis, when her stats seem stable.

I've asked the Doctor for a cortisol blood test but another Doctor told me it can't be Addison's disease because she's not developed really dark skin. She's ignored all the symptoms I told her.

Although, her skin isn't extremely dark, she has tanned arms even though she's not going outside. I'm just at a loss how to approach the surgery because they're not committing to anything but then ignoring everything I've documented. The Doctor didn't even want to watch a video I'd filmed of one of the episodes.

Is the cortisol blood test the most accurate for Addison's Disease?

Thanks.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-25-2022, 02:33 PM   #2
    WomanOnTheWeb
    (female)

WomanOnTheWeb HB User
    Re: Could it be Addison's?

It kind of sounds like she's experiencing severe endocrine disruption from environmental factors, as skin color, blood sugar, urination, blood pressure and fatigue are all hormonal problems. And since the doctors have found nothing wrong, it most likely is. Luckily there is a relatively quick fix, which includes removing toothpaste, lotions, deodorants, perfumes, and anything put on the skin that isn't like natural cold pressed oils and lye based soaps with only lye and fats, no extra chemical additives.Also things that are consumed that are synthetically made also affect the entire endocrine system, like chemically extracted things or even stuff made in labs. The modern world is full of endocrine disrupting toxins and it affects people differently, at different times of their lives. If she does remove all these things, please do it gradually and not all at once because the human body doesn't respond well to going cold-turkey with all the chemicals we put on our skin.

Last edited by WomanOnTheWeb; 08-25-2022 at 02:35 PM. Reason: phrasing

Old 08-26-2022, 02:48 AM   #3
    KMercer1959

KMercer1959 HB User
    Re: Could it be Addison's?

Thank you, it's not something I knew about or had been told. I'll definitely look into it.

Reply Reply