It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Any Information or Advice is GREATLY Appreciated!

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 01-30-2012, 07:37 PM   #16
    irisrose
    Veteran
    (female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User
    Re: Any Information or Advice is GREATLY Appreciated!

Thanks again gingertea! I know the desperation and trying everything that everyone suggests - hoping something works. The Seriphos to lower my cortisol at night has probably been the only supplement that made a difference. The rest of the natural remedies, not so much. My manic hormones laugh at those supplements.

I have an appt on Wednesday with the hormone dr and I am so hoping she can help me - either with BHRT or just a better direction of supplements and lifestyle changes.

The only reason I have hope is because I know this isn't life long. I've had it bad before and it's resolved to a point where I feel pretty close to normal and I know that will happen again one day. I just wish it would happen sooner than later.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-01-2012, 07:26 PM   #17
    CrazyLife414
    Veteran
    (female)

CrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB UserCrazyLife414 HB User

IrisRose..
    Did you go to the doctor today?
    I was thinking about you and wondering how it went?

I had a pretty good day yesterday, but tonight I am back to anxiety and feeling like my insides are going to rumble out of my body. I called my family doctor, and ask for a referral to a doctor that dealt with menopause and they have not called me back. A friend told me I should maybe see an Endocrinologist because they deal with hormones of one sort or another all day.
    I had never heard of that before, but it might be worth a try.
    I hope your appt went well.
    Have a good evening.
    b.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:21 PM   #18
    irisrose
    Veteran
    (female)

irisrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB Useririsrose HB User

Hi Crazylife!

Thanks for thinking of me! Yes, I saw my hormone dr today and I really liked her. First doctor that listened and understood!

I found out my testosterone and vitamin D is low. My progesterone was normal but 2 mos ago it was extremely low. Because I am having symptoms of estrogen dominance she wants to give me progesterone too. I will only take both the last 2 weeks of my cycle, so no help for me right now She also gave me a kit for a saliva test to check my cortisol levels. I was going to do it tomorrow but it's supposed to snow here pretty heavily on Friday and I might not be able to get to the UPS store to drop it off. So I'll do it Friday and take it in on Saturday. She wants to know better what is happening with my cortisol levels at night. If those are spiking then there are a couple of other things to try. But I hope something will help with the anxiety, heart palpitations and especially my sleep!!

Endocrinologists are iffy when it comes to female hormones. They aren't quite bridged over into the area of helping perimenopausal women. The one I saw sure wasn't. And even my dr today said they just don't quite make that leap. And then if they do treat you, it will most likely be synthetic, oral prescription hormones which you should avoid if you can. I don't know if you can afford it, but is it possible to search for bioidentical hormone replacement doctors in your area? That would probably be the only doctor that will look at your female hormones as well as adrenal hormones to get an idea of what is going on with you. It's a very good chance something is out of whack.

Sorry you're feeling the anxiety again today. I was pretty good but had the heart palps all day still. Then if they don't stop, it's like they create the anxiety - like my heart is flopping around making my brain think I'm scared so the anxiety starts. Probably won't be a great night of sleeping for me unless I take something. And I don't want to, so I might just take the hit tonight and nap tomorrow.

Best to you!

Old 02-02-2012, 08:01 AM   #19
    Titchou
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User

For the heart palps, cough very hard when it happens and your heart should go back into rhythm.

Old 02-02-2012, 11:39 AM   #20
    irisrose
    Veteran
    (female)

Thanks Titchou,

Only these heart palps are not of the occasional variety - they are constant. I might have an hour or a half hour or 10 minutes without any, but they are there daily and hourly, all day all night.

I had a echo done last year when I had them. They come and go and when they come, they stay around for a couple of months and are constant. Everything checked out fine with my heart and they told me they were "benign PVCs" and there is absolutely nothing to help with them. Learn to live with them. Sometimes people find relief from blood pressure meds, but my blood pressure usually runs low so that would not be a good idea.

I'm not sure what it is. Seems like when I got myself under control during my last bout of peri,the palps eventually slowed down, stopped and were gone for a full year. Now they're back. I hate them. They don't scare me like they did when I first got them, but the are incredibly annoying. SO annoying!

Closed Thread