It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Is this anxiety, or??

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-11-2012, 11:47 AM   #1
    jesse2491
    (male)

jesse2491 HB User
    Is this anxiety, or??

I've been diagnosed as borderline GAD and Panic disorder but have been experiencing some weird symptoms for some time now that I am not sure if it is related to my anxiety or not (I have good days and bad days - but this symptom is always there).

I can only describe the symptom as muscle "ratcheting". I'll give an example - If I move, lets say, my shoulders up and then down, during movement there will be some sort of resistance that will create a tremor/shaky movement in my muscle - almost like I'm under a strobe light. It affects most, if not all of the muscles groups in my body so it must be a neurological problem? There is no tremor if my muscles are at rest.

I've found a few other posts online about this but with no answers!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-11-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
    boobootwo
    (female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User
    Re: Is this anxiety, or??

it could be your panic disorder. most of us with this condition, tend to be on edge and when we're on edge...we tense up and remain like that until we feel comfortable again. i've had constant neck and arm and jaw problems most of my life from anxiety. try doing early morning stretching exercises before you get out of bed. another thing to try....start from your feet and work your way up tightening your muscles for about 10 seconds and then relaxing them until you get to the top of your head, (all body parts separately). you'll feel totally relaxed after you're done. get in the habit of doing this everyday like a ritual. give it a try for a few days and let me know how you're feeling okay.

Old 03-11-2012, 10:35 PM   #3
    jesse2491
    (male)

jesse2491 HB User

Thanks for the feedback! I will try this. The problem has been that I seem to shake even more after I stretch?? Maybe you're onto something though about the tenseness... maybe my muscles just don't know what it's like to actually be relaxed for any extended period of time. So they just act all funny and "tense-like"....

I think it's so anxiety-driving as even if I have a week with less anxiety - the symptoms don't go away. But I guess that's also one of the annoying things about anxiety disorders... your body can take a LONG TIME to return to whatever "normal" is... our bodies have gotten used to all the adrenaline and "tenseness"...

Old 03-12-2012, 07:49 AM   #4
    boobootwo
    (female)

boobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB Userboobootwo HB User

well....life is tense, and i think that we just don't handle it as good as some people. we need to let go of that darn control, we seem to need to have all of the time...lol. all the best!

Old 03-12-2012, 12:55 PM   #5
    Avaleen G
    (female)

Avaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB UserAvaleen G HB User

Definately could be Anxiety, but I can't say it is or isn't forsure. You first need to see your health care provider and let him/her run some tests on you. Now, anxiety can really cause that.. anxiety can do many differen't things to your body that people always describe as "weird". By what you just mentioned about your shoulder, I feel that too. I feel many differen't things that seem abnormal since I've been having anxiety. Like head tightness, if I move my head down I start to feel as if I'm pulling something in there and I start feeling weird vibrations; it sucks because I start to think it's something wrong in my head that I can I die from & I get really paranoid, but then I tell myself "It's that anxiety that's making me feel those weird things" and I start to feel much better.

Closed Thread