It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Empty sella...

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 05-17-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
    Isa0822
    (female)

Isa0822 HB User
    Unhappy Empty sella...

Hi, I was diagnosed with Graves disease on 2008, went thru thyroid ablation on 2010. After that my numbers are normal, but I feel tired, all day, muscle weakness and also hypertension. In 2011 had carpal tunnel release but keep my appointments for my thyroid, I tested once for Cushing's but they did 24 hrs urine and came back negative. Now, I have high levels of IGH-1, and because of that they did an MRI and found an empty sella, also I'm pre-diabetic, hands swollen, feet swollen and carpal tunnel back. My biggest concern is if I have Acromegaly, I don't want to be misdiagnose....

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 05-22-2012, 01:41 AM   #2
    sillygal
    (female)

sillygal HB Usersillygal HB User
    Re: Empty sella...

I have Empty Sella too and just recently finished two 24 hour urine tests for the pituitary endocrinologist I'm seeing. She says that usually Empty Sella does not cause people problems, but that it occasionally can. A high IGH-1 level means you might have something besides the empty sella going on...however, I'm not a doctor so please don't take my word for it. You should try to find an endocrinologist who specializes in pituitary function to help you figure all this out. Hang in there!

The Following User Says Thank You to sillygal For This Useful Post:
    Isa0822 (05-29-2012)
    Closed Thread