It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• does this sound like addison's?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 05-20-2013, 02:49 AM   #1
    livelaughlove35
    (female)

livelaughlove35 HB User
    does this sound like addison's?

Hi! I need input, please! I have been having strange non-specific problems for about a year now. I have lost 25 lbs... though have maintained a steady weight for 3 months now since I changed my diet to a FODMAP diet (diarrhea-predominant IBS). I was having these major flares of diarrhea, yellow stool with mucus, sometimes the diarrhea would be up to 10 times per day, consistency of water. I went through a period of major fatigue and joint pain for several months but now the fatigue is gone and joint pain is pretty much gone. (Before the joint pain would be bilateral hips, knees, neck, and rib cage on both sides where floating ribs are, even hurt to touch them... no visible swelling or redness ever, though). Sometimes the skin on the roof of my mouth will blister and peel off, too. Fast forward to 3 weeks ago. It was a saturday and I had just got back from food shopping and ate a piece of lunch meat, within 2 minutes my skin on the roof of mouth blistered and peeled off and i got fluttering in my chest that lasted a few hours. So the following day, i tried the lunch meat again and same thing happened, roof of mouth peeled and skipped beats in my chest. My family tried the lunch meat and nothing bad happened to them, just to me. So for 3 weeks now I have been having skipped beats. I go to cardiology about 2 weeks ago, he does EKG and says i have sinus arrhythmia and PVCs, likely benign. He says wait a month and if i still have them call him and they will do a stress echo. I get them all day long, several times per minute. Really annoying. That's the other thing i forgot to mention, my blood pressure used to be around 130/80s until about 7 months ago and the average range has been 100/60. So anyway, i have been montoring my blood pressure, and when the PVCs get bad, like 5-7 per minute, it's always when my bottom number drops below 60. Lately sometimes my BP has been 80s over 40s. I can;t figure out how to raise it. I have been drinking more black coffee which helps and increasing salt... that seems to help. My pulse is normal, too. ANother thing, for the past 2 nights, I have been getting a sensation mostly on my lower back that feels like a sunburn and my skin just looks red and feels hot to the touch, then i go to bed, i wake up and it is gone. As far as testing goes, here is my testing: CT abd/pelvis is negative. Upper Endosocpy= Intraepithelial duodenal lymphocytosis. So then i had genotype testing for celiac and that was negative. I had a colonoscopy and it was normal, biopsies obtained to rule out microscopic colitis and they were normal. Thyroid and thyroid antibodies are always normal. Ana is negative. I had blood drawn in january and all normal except atypical lymphocytes 5% (but mono test negative) and poikilocytes/ovalocytes were showing, but Hgb, RBC, all that stuff was normal. So last week i get a CBC with differential again and again, the WBC is normal but the differential shows elevated lymphocytes at 46% (shouldn't be above 40) and mildly low neutrophils and monocytes. So I email my doc and I say why do I always have elevated lymph (in small bowel, on my blood work)? He says he has no idea. He said i could see a hematologist if i wanted, but frankly i don't know if that is the right doctor to see. I am wondering if all my probs are Addison's Disease? Would you see endocrinologist for that? Maybe that is why i get PVCs, low blood pressure, salt cravings, the new red skin feeling, the mouth peeling.. i always thought this stuff was related to some weird food intolerance but now i really wonder, as i know intolerance is dif from allergy... i have done elimination dieting, can't really pinpoint anything, and also i have had allergy testing all negative.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 07-28-2013, 11:51 AM   #2
    Lynn1899
    (female)

Lynn1899 HB User
    Re: does this sound like addison's?

You posted this several months ago; so, I certainly hope that you have received help by now. But, no...your symptoms are not the symptoms of some one with Addison's.

Good Luck!!

Reply Reply

Tags
    addison's disease