It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Mass on right adrenal gland, should I be worried?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 07-30-2013, 09:43 PM   #1
    loribt2002
    (female)

loribt2002 HB User
    Question Mass on right adrenal gland, should I be worried?

I had to have a CT Scan back in June because I got thrown off my horse an was in severe pain, thought maybe I had internal injuries. Fortunately, I am OK, just bruised and sore for awhile. Incidental findings from the CT Scan, however, included a 2.5 x 2.5 cm mass on my right adrenal gland. My doctor is sending me for an MRI to determine what it actually is. She didn't say if I should be concerned or not, but made an appointment for me to see her a few days after the MRI to discuss the findings. From what I have been able to find on the internet, it can be anything from "nothing to worry about" like a fatty tumor, up to something more serious. Has anyone on the board had something like this? Should I be worried or concerned? I have been feeling good, no real medical problems to speak of...seem to have to get up several times during the night to go to the bathroom....maybe I'm drinking too much liquid before going to bed, who knows? Thanks.

Last edited by loribt2002; 07-30-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 08-07-2013, 10:51 AM   #2
    jlkcoop
    (female)

jlkcoop HB User
    Re: Mass on right adrenal gland, should I be worried?

Hi,

Sorry to hear about your accident. I have a 12mm adenoma on my right adrenal gland. At first I wasn't worried about it, but as I read one thing you don need to find out is if the mass is functioning or nonfunctioning. You want nonfunctioning. If it is functioning you might want to look at it being removed. This test is done by a blood test and I had a 24 hour urine test. I think most generally the growths aren't serious, but needs to be checked out.

Post what you find out when you go to the endo.

Reply Reply