It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• adrenalin surges at night

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-22-2013, 04:25 AM   #1
    maryrose58
    (female)

maryrose58 HB User
    adrenalin surges at night

For a 2 years now i have had awful adrenalin surges at night .They wake me up and i feel like screaming and crying with it .Has anyone any ideas what may be causing this ??xxxx

The following user gives a hug of support to maryrose58:
    dvbronco (09-22-2013)
    Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 09-22-2013, 05:00 AM   #2
    dvbronco
    (female)

dvbronco HB User
    Re: adrenalin surges at night

Hi, Just read your post. I had trouble with terrible adrenalin surges, night sweats etc. I would wake up 4 times a night drenched in sweat with my heart racing and a screaming headache. I am age 50 but not in menopause yet. I do take Accutane for acne so I am still on birth control. The doc added a low dose of estradiol to my medication regimen. It took about 6 months to adjust but I don't have those symptoms anymore. Also, I stopped drinking soda/any caffeine and working out at the gym which gave me that serotonin release I needed. The doc said when you are in a REM sleep your body goes through "flight or fight" and that is what causes the problem. I would see an OBGYN and make sure blood work etc is good. Hormones are nasty. I thought once I turned 50 it would get better but they still mess with you. Hang in there and check with the doc. Also, he checked my thyroid to make sure everything was functioning the way it should. It will get better. Hope this helped.

The following user gives a hug of support to dvbronco:
    maryrose58 (09-22-2013)
    The Following User Says Thank You to dvbronco For This Useful Post:
    maryrose58 (09-22-2013)
    Old 09-22-2013, 07:08 AM   #3
    maryrose58
    (female)

maryrose58 HB User

Oh thank you for your reply.I did wonder if it was a problem with my adrenal glands ? But it is getting a dr to takeit seriously..i have to see him soon about anoither issue i may ask him about it ..se what he says .So glad you are feeling better ..it is vile ..the sleep pattern makes sense to me as this is when ist seems to happen.xxxxx !!

Old 10-16-2013, 06:38 AM   #4
    tess201
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

tess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB Usertess201 HB User

If you're into alternative, you might try the supplement Ashwagandha in the evening.

Tess

Old 01-16-2014, 11:53 AM   #5
    Mads 1
    (female)

Mads 1 HB User
    Thumbs down Re: adrenalin surges at night

Quote:
    Originally Posted by maryrose58 View Post
    For a 2 years now i have had awful adrenalin surges at night .They wake me up and i feel like screaming and crying with it .Has anyone any ideas what may be causing this ??xxxx
    I know you wrote this a while ago now and not sure if you will see my reply but I have been experiencing the same for almost 3 years and it is killing me. All the dr can suggest is anti depressants and they make me so anxious. I sleep for about 2 hours if I am lucky then off I go. I am wide awake, anxiety etc etc etc. have you found anything that helps. I am trying something called Dormeasan Sleep tonight, doubt if it will help. I have tried just about everything there is and am currently having acupuncture. Last week I thought it was helping but this week I don't think it is. I honestly think the dr s just don't know what to do and mine will just not refer me to an endo.

Reply Reply