It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• I think I'm in adrenal fatigue~~~

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-24-2014, 09:57 AM   #1
    babyboomer6
    (female)

babyboomer6 HB Userbabyboomer6 HB User
    I think I'm in adrenal fatigue~~~

Hi, I have been feeling really terribly fatigued the past few months. I wake up tired and can go back to sleep for hours. I ache all over . I have a history that could have something to do with this(if it is adrenal fatigue). I have had five back surgeries. The first surgery was what led to a series of major surgeries trying to fix a very broken body. I developed "flat back syndrome". I basically was leaning to the front at a 45degree angle and couldn't stand up. I was like this several years before I found a surgeon that took only the most serious spinal deformities all over the world. I was in so much pain that nothing worked to help it. He accepted me as a patient and even though I had already tried two 15 hr. surgeries from different surgeons to no avail. This surgeon worked for another fifteen hrs. And I am standing up better now. I have to be very careful as I am fused from T4 to S3. I have two 15" rod holding my spine, and 32 screws and basically he broke my back to give me a lordosis. I have two cages also, and many hooks holding me together. OK I am around nine months out of this last surgery, and started feeling this way couple months ago. I just feel terrible. I had to have my gall bladder out two months after my last spinal surgery. And now they say I need a hysterectomy. Plus I need foot surgery very bad! I am just wondering if all of these surgeries and procedures could have brought on an adrenal crash.what do you think. I am not wanting to start chasing Drs. again. But I can't feel this way. Any input would be appreciated~~Warmly Linda

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-24-2014, 01:38 PM   #2
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User
    Re: I think I'm in adrenal fatigue~~~

Hi normally you would have had to be put on long term steroids to cause them to stop working. You could get a ACTH test by a endo dr. Where they inject you with steroids then check your levels every 30 min 3 times. Cathy

Old 02-24-2014, 02:07 PM   #3
    babyboomer6
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noevr View Post
    Hi normally you would have had to be put on long term steroids to cause them to stop working. You could get a ACTH test by a endo dr. Where they inject you with steroids then check your levels every 30 min 3 times. Cathy
    I forgot that I also broke a rod (long story) and so this Surgeon that fixed me went in last May and did a revision. He opened me up from the top of my spine to the tailbone(where I'm fused, or suppose to be) and took all the screws , rods, cages, hooks and whatever out, and replaced all of it. Plus took two ribs and shredded them to pack into my back. It was he'll waking up. I might mention I am 61 yrs. Old. I have had lots of steroids over the yea
    Rs for inflammation and pain. I just got off of a dose pack for pain. I take lots of narcotics for pain and have for years. I have had major abdominal surgery, a bone transplant in my wrist. (Just some extra stresses in my life of surgeries). I'm not whining, just wanted to know I'd anyone thought this could be a form of adrenal problems.
    Cathy, I will do what you said and get an appt. with an endo. Dr. It will be a couple hundred mi. away, as I live in the boon docks! But it would be nice to know why I feel so bad and fatigued all the time, except towards 8:00pm at night. Hmmm?? Then I start to get energy. Ugh! I really only started this badly in the past two months. One time about six or seven yrs. Ago I had these symptoms and the Dr. I had then did a saliva test on me and it came back "adrenal fatigue". But I can't remember the numbers now. She put me on something called "cortef" and some other compound drug that came in a capsule. I thank-you for your input. I know I 'm going to go for it and do what you said. Thanks! Linda

Old 02-24-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

noevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB Usernoevr HB User

Hi if you were put on cortef which is compounded steroids and depending on how much and for low long you could very well have secondary addisons. (Secondary being caused by the drugs).

Why did you stop? One thing you should know I just found out long term steroid use csn cause type ii diabetes so be sure that's a road you wish to travel. I'm currently slowly trying to come off mine to see if my adrenals will wake up because my enfo wanted to put me on diabetes meds! Cathy

Old 02-24-2014, 07:33 PM   #5
    babyboomer6
    (female)

Quote:
    Originally Posted by noevr View Post
    Hi if you were put on cortef which is compounded steroids and depending on how much and for low long you could very well have secondary addisons. (Secondary being caused by the drugs).

Why did you stop? One thing you should know I just found out long term steroid use csn cause type ii diabetes so be sure that's a road you wish to travel. I'm currently slowly trying to come off mine to see if my adrenals will wake up because my enfo wanted to put me on diabetes meds! Cathy
    Hi Cathy, you ask me why I quit, and I'm just going by memory,as it's been quite a while ago and the Dr. moved away. But anyway, she took me off the cortef after several months. I know it really helped, but her concern was my bone health. I got to feeling better, but now six to seven years later(and four back surgeries later) my Dr. is gone that previously treated me, and in a small town the Drs. Don't know a lot about these things. But I will try and get an appt. ,like I said, with an endo. . I just need to know if this is what's causing my extreme fatigue and feeling unwell all the time. Thank-you for your input . Hope you are doing well~~Linda

Old 02-24-2014, 07:49 PM   #6
    noevr
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

Oh yes osteo, I am dealing with that. Had surgery in my left shoulder last may cuz of it
    I was on prolia for 3 shots but I stopped because I am now having terrible gastro problems been bed ridden for over a yr. Cathy

Reply Reply