It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Excessive Fatigue and Gut Healing

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 03-26-2014, 06:55 PM   #1
    Joesyd
    (female)

Joesyd HB User
    Excessive Fatigue and Gut Healing

I have been experiencing excessive fatigue for the last 13 months along with a number of other symptoms. I won't go in to all of the details because I imagine that if you're on this board, you already know how it goes. So my long story short, I was diagnosed with Eosinophilic Esophagitis and IBS about 6 years ago and have been watching what I eat since and taking various drugs to mask some symptoms.

Last February is when my excessive fatigue started. I have since had several blood tests, which all came back "normal". I was also diagnosed with mild sleep apnea and am using a CPAP but it has not helped at all. I was also tested for Narcolepsy which came back negative. I have since been prescribed a stimulant to "deal" with it. My GI issues over the last few months have been the worst I've ever experienced. I recently went to a new nutritionist that did a saliva test and determined I was in stage 2 adrenal fatigue and has put me on a series of supplements to get my hormones back on track. I am also doing another elimination diet with gut healing this time. I'm avoiding gluten, dairy, soy and a few other things. I am also eating only organic meat and veggies.

Here are my results from the saliva test:
    cortisol- 7.9 at 6:04am (ref range 7.0 to 10.0)
    3.1 at 11:09am (ref range 3.0 to 7.0)
    2.4 at 4:00pm (ref range 2.0 to 4.0)
    1.9 at 9:55pm (ref range <1.5)

DHEA- 49.2pg/ml (ref range <23.8 to 291.1)
    Estradiol- <1.1pg/ml (ref range <1.1 to 4.2)
    Estrone- 35.6pg/ml (ref range17.4 to 43.1)
    Progesterone- 33.5pg/ml (ref range 22.0 to 240.0)
    Testosterone- <8.7pg/ml (ref range <8.7 to 49.0)

I'm only about 2 weeks in to treatment and am not really feeling any better yet. I recently saw my to get some new blood tests and his opinion was that my hormones were fine. I'm having a hard time connecting with my nutritionist right now to discuss my doctor's opinion. Research on the internet hasn't helped my understand if my numbers really are low as my nutritionist says. Does anyone have an opinion? If you're within the bottom end of the ranges, is that acceptable and not a problem? If this is adrenal fatigue, how long does it generally take to start feeling better? I realize everyone is different, but I need some hope right now that I am at least on the right track. I can't stand the way I've been feeling for the past year.

I've listed out my supplements in my profile.

I truly appreciate any and all insights! Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-04-2014, 10:29 PM   #2
    Smittengirl
    (female)

Smittengirl HB User
    Re: Excessive Fatigue and Gut Healing

There is a good thing about your case, you know basically what the issue is relatively early after first getting sick.

I first got sick in 1987 and in 2006 is when I found out it was Adrenal Fatigue.

So that you know is really a great thing.

As far as how long it will take to get better it all depends on if you can find what will help YOU get better.

I did have 6 months of wonderful remission in 2006 so I know there is a way back to feeling good. And I started feeling fantastic within 3 days of the protocol I did to get my remission. As I go back to that protocol now I do feel better and won't stop til I get back to feeling great again.

My protocol was an adrenal glandular that worked wonders on fatigue. I ate raw garlic with and without food to address the candida and glutamine powder to address the leaky gut. Also I ate a healthy low glycemic diet. And man I was strong and healthy for 6 months.

I couldn't do any herbs for they had horrible effects on my body.

Basically find out if you are having other issues along with the adrenal fatigue. Like candida which candida can lead into leaky gut.

While the garlic, glutamine and healthy diet anyone can get locally. The adrenal glandular that worked wonders on my mental and physical fatigue is sold by natural doctors. It is by an amazing company called Standard Process and it is on there site to look for a doctor near you who does carry it.

I am not trying to sway anyone to go out to buy it I am just telling anyone this adrenal glandular made me be able to read again, think again and I was able to get out of bed when I woke up. Not hours and hours later.

And I had tried adrenal glandulars sold from my local supplement stores that did nothing.

I didn't have a bundle of cash to go to their doc so I found a way to get it directly. However, the docs that sell that company's products know about adrenal fatigue. They aren't any regular naturalpathic doc.

I hope I was able to help you. Even though there are times I feel so low and alone I know there are SO many of us dealing with this horrible illness. We are the only ones who can make us better. I gave up on the docs finding the answers a long time ago. They don't have the answers nor are they looking. Most, if not all just want to treat us symptomaticly. We have to find out how to heal ourselves.

Sorry for going on, lol. But every word I've written has been my journey and is my truth.

If you have a question, I'm here.
    Hugs, Susan.

(Please forgive any grammatical errors, it's late here and I am not going to proofread, lol).

Reply Reply

Tags
    adrenal fatigue, eosinophilic, fatigue, hormone imbalance, ibs