It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Adrenal hyperplasia?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 04-29-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
    Temgirlie
    (female)

Temgirlie HB User
    Adrenal hyperplasia?

Hello!

I have posted some threads to other forum but now decided to ask about my lab results here on this board. I have been suffering from hirsutism and back pimples many years, fatigue and anxiety. Also have many scars on my back skin and some strias in the back over bottom. So this spring I went to laboratory and took some this which could explain my symptoms. Results were Sugar hemoglobin A1C 38 mmol/mol (20-42), B-Hb-A1C procent 5,6 (4-6), Serum testo-free 6,9 pmol/l (under 9), Serum DHEA 46,9 nmol/l (9-38), Serum 17-hydroxyprogesterone 7,4 nmol/l (follicular phase 0,9-3,0, luteal phase 1,2-12,7). I was on follicular phase on my cycle. So what is causing those results high DHEA and hydroprogesterone? Could it be late on set CAH (adrenal hyperplasia)? Where there is too much androgen production instead of cortisol. I have also had very low ferritin levels and have been taken iron supplements for many months now.

Please let me know if there's someone with CAH or late onset form here on the board and if someone has had hirsutism and found out that have CAH causing it? Thank you!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-29-2014, 11:13 AM   #2
    ladybud
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

ladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB Userladybud HB User
    Re: Adrenal hyperplasia?

Your results could be consistent with polycystic ovarian syndrome, which causes your described lab abnormalities, hirsutism, and acne. I would suggest seeing your GYN or better yet, a ENDO-GYN, and get an ultrasound to check to see if you have lots of ovarian cysts. This can be treated. It is a very common problem. Also causes menstrual irregularity and fertility issues. Adrenal hyperplasia does occur in PCOS, (polycystic ovarian syndrome), so you are on the right track.

Reply Reply