It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Addisons Disease, periods of less severe symptoms?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 09-11-2014, 04:23 AM   #1
    whatthekat
    (female)

whatthekat HB User
    Addisons Disease, periods of less severe symptoms?

Hellooo, I'm seeing an endocrinologist in a few days (finally) and after five years of chronic illness maybe the doctors are finally on to something. I have all the symptoms of addisons disease, I had many prior to 2008, but in 2008 i was involved in a serious and lengthy struggle with C-difficile and psuedomembranous colitis, and I have not since recovered. I could have post infectious IBS, but the symptoms dont always match up and the fatigue gets worse every year.
    But what I'm unsure about is the fact that every year there's at least one month of almost acceptable health (or at least symptoms that are more manageable) and I can attend school full time. But then things just get worse and worse and worse until i can barely stay out of bed for more than a few hours a day, im dizzy and nauseous all the time and the diarrhea is almost as bad as c-diff itself. I also have Vitiligo as of 2009, which is why the addisons was called into question. As well, my blood pressure has always been abnormally low, I have blood sugar problems, and I used to shake salt onto my hands and eat it straight up. My parents used to joke that I need a salt lick. Now I cant keep myself away from salty foods but otherwise have no appetite at all. I go to bed laughably early and still wake up feeling like I just got back from a marathon. Also my symptoms are worse in the mornings and by the evening I feel a bit more awake. I know this fits the online symptoms lists, but in real life could this be addisons or an adrenal syndrome of some sort? Does the occasional bit of good health make any sense? (I just want ro know what its really like to be a real person with real adrenal problems!)
    Also are lower back pain and leg cramps symptoms of addisons or relates ailments? I have those daily but the internet and my various doctors say different things...

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply

Tags
    addisons, adrenal, chronic, illness, undiagnosed