It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Not sure if I have Addison's and need help!

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 11-21-2014, 08:47 AM   #1
    summer1124
    (female)

summer1124 HB User
    Not sure if I have Addison's and need help!

Hi!Thanks in advance for any advice and I apologize if this is like a very long long question, but I wanted to consult with people with Addison's about a recent visit to the emergency room, I woke up a 4 am with intense stomach pain, an hour later i was vomiting only liquid cause my stomach was empty, and at 6 am I went to the emergency room afraid I may have appendicitis cause the pain was terrible and I was shaking, dizzy and could barely walk, the doctor said I was severely dehydrated, they made a blood test, and they said I was anemic but everything else was fine, (I was anemic on my last check up a month ago, so Ive been taking vitamin b and c, and also iron and folic acid tablets), I was at the hospital for hours, with an IV to restore my fluids, they wanted to do a urine test, but I was not able to pee until 2pm, after that, the doc said the results were fine, I didnt have an infection or virus, and my dehydration was the result of the vomits, but he could not explain to me why I was vomiting in the first place or why my stomach hurt, I felt so tired after leaving the hospital and my stomach keep hurting for days. Now I feel better, I was able to go back to work, but Im worried cause Ive been feeling unwell for quite some time, Im always tired, even if I sleep 10 to 11 hours per night, sometimes I feel like I might faint and I have to sit down for a while, and Ive been having problems with my stomach for a few years, now I cannot digest eggs or fish, and have severe stomach pain when I eat fruits like oranges or pineapple... Ive always been skinny, but I lost 20 pounds in the last year, now I only weight 115 pound which for my 5'10 height is quite scary, I try to eat more to gain weight but when I eat too much I feel like Im going to vomit and my stomach feel terrible, also Im constantly sick, I have the flu or at least they are flu-like symptoms, like once a month, that is not normal, that cannot be normal right! what I read online about an Addison's crisis sounds pretty close to my symptoms before I went to the hospital, and I guess the tiredness too, but I cant be sure about the dark skin, cause I have dark skin, (thanks to my grandfather, he was from India) but Im the darkest at home, darker than my sisters or my mom, so I dont know though I noticed that the lines on the palms of my hands are super dark, Ive never seen another person with lines as dark as mines! Ive been at the hospital so much during the last couple of years cause every damn flu or stomach bug is terrible for me and I see that when my sisters get sick is never as bad and they get better in a couple of days, and for me the flu can last two weeks! at the hospital they have tested my blood pressure and is usually around 100/70 and the doctors said thats fine, my blood sugar is around 60-70 even after I eat, I was tested because my sister and my dad are diabetics, so they also ruled that out. Ive been so much at the hospital, but feel like they dont take my symptoms seriously cause the blood results are not that bad! and now they are telling me my symptoms are because of the anemia and they will send me to an hematologist but I still have my doubts, is this all the result of anemia, and if so why am I still tired if Im taking pills for the anemia?, should I request a test for Addison's disease? thanks for any advice!

Last edited by summer1124; 11-21-2014 at 09:06 AM.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply