It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Could I have an adrenal problem?

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 12-18-2014, 09:33 PM   #1
    Madigan24
    (female)

Madigan24 HB User
    Could I have an adrenal problem?

Hi, all!

I know a lot of these types of post get put up all the time, but I think many of us know what it's like to be desperate for answers. I won't bog down in too many details, but I'd like to just give a quick rundown of my symptoms, etc. and compare notes.

I started out 3 or 4 years ago looking to find out why my hair was falling out at the age of about 18. I can hardly think of a single test they didn't run, but they said they had nothing abnormal when they came back. Turns out that wasn't entirely true, but I still to this day cannot get a diagnosis or even a reasonable guess as to what's going on.

-I have chronic low ferritin. Even when I take the pills, they don't raise my levels. I get iron infusions as needed. At the point they finally decided to help me at all, my level was at around 13.
    -Low Vitamin D; again, can't seem to get it up and keep it up. I got a couple of Vitamin D injections over the summer and am taking 50,000 IU pills per week prescribed to me.
    -Chronic fatigue, the kind that doesn't go away no matter how long I sleep
    -Sleeping hours upon hours; I can easily sleep 15 hours or longer if given the chance.
    -Tired upon waking, yawn all day and want to sleep, but I get my second wind late at night
    -Pale
    -Hair loss, as mentioned; it is diffuse, pretty much all over my scalp
    -Saliva test showed cortisol abnormally low at night, okay but sometimes on the low end during the day
    -High DHEA and DHEAS- last DHEA test was just under 500, DHEASs have been in the 400s
    -Possible slightly elevated testosterone depending on the lab's scale (which seems contrary to what I have read about adrenal fatigue); however, my last test in July was 51, which was only 2 points above their normal scale, and it had dropped 20 points or more from the one I had maybe a year prior.
    -Blood pressure drops upon standing or raising up
    -Headaches, most often frontal or front right
    -Low fasting insulin with normal blood sugar
    -General feelings of being unwell, somewhat depressed, anxious

The naturopath I went to in July told me my adrenals weren't functioning well, as did another alternative medicine practitioner. I believe them, but I just need a solid answer. I'm going to see an endocrinologist for the first time in the morning, but I just needed some input from people who have been here.

Thanks so much to you all!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Reply Reply