It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Adrenal Disorders Message Board

• Please help find the source of heart palpitations

• Post New Thread   Reply Reply
    Old 02-06-2015, 03:42 PM   #1
    marxxx
    (male)

marxxx HB User
    Please help find the source of heart palpitations

Hi All,

I have been symptomatic for years, but will save that for another post. I was diagnosed hypothyroid late 2013. I started taking levo at first, but quickly switched armour. It helped at first, but the fatigue always returned. After months of trying my dr suspected adrenal fatigue, and the cortisol test confirmed. We tried several supplements and as much rest as I can get (still had to work and try to meet life's responsibilities - though everything suffered) to no avail.

I bought a copy of **** for my dr and let him review. He agree to start me on HC therapy at 30mg a day broken up in 4 doses - 10 - 10 - 7.5 - 2.5 throughout the day.
    I reduced my armour from 180mg down to 60 as I read (I think ****). Starting day 1 on HC I felt better! More energy, less brain fog, less joint pain, less uncontrollable hunger, etc. Symptoms continued to get better for a couple weeks with some hypo symptoms persisting (hoarse voice, very dry skin, some diziness etc, but overall much better) as I raise my dose of armour. I am at 120 mg now (60 - 2x day). Everything was going great until I noticed heart palpitations about 10 days ago (also 10 days after starting HC).
    I have had anxiety off and for years. At first I didn't think much of it. Mentioned it to the dr when I was there for a follow up and I think we both kind of assumed it "could possibly" be a hypo symptom.
    Now, here we are with 10 days of palpitations. I have them all day long. Anywhere from every 8 seconds to every 45 seconds or so.
    I have been able to shovel snow / exert myself and also sustain moderate cardio workouts without any issues.

Just looking for advice on where to start. I'm sure my dr would refer me for a cardio workup, but that will cost me thousands (high deductible). I will do it if I have to, but hate to rush to anything.
    Should I reduce my HC? Discontinue it all together? Try switching from generic to Corterf? Increase my armour? Decrease my armour?

I had my last thyroid levels checked in November, I am do to go back in March.

tsh .007
    ref .45 - 4.5

Free T3 4.5
    Ref 2.0 - 4.4

Free T4 .92
    ref .82 - 1.77

Cortisol
    8 am .050
    ref .025 - .6

Noon .108
    Ref .01 - .33

4pm .035
    Ref .01 - .2

Midnight .01
    ref .01 - .09

Thanks in advance any info!

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 02-06-2015, 06:28 PM   #2
    rebecca70
    (female)

rebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB Userrebecca70 HB User
    Re: Please help find the source of heart palpitations

Hi; I just know from my own experience that synthroid or any thyroid replacement hormone will cause a rapid and sometimes irregular heart rate. I have a hypothyroid problem, but so far the cardiologist does not want me to take anything since I have occasional Afib. I hope to somehow resolve this thyroid issue without creating any new problems.
    Check back with your doctor to adjust your dosage. I don't think it's a do it yourself job.

Reply Reply