It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

too scared to live in case i die

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 04-14-2015, 06:55 PM   #1
starlight294
(female)

starlight294 HB User
too scared to live in case i die

I am 61 year old lady who always had a fear of death, lately that fear has taken over my life because of the death of 3 loved ones in just over a year
How does one deal with the realisation that all too soon their life will be over? I have witnessed death too many times first hand and I can say each time was terrifying for the loved one and for me
At the moment I am suffering balance problems and my ears ring whir and sting and I get dizzy and have trouble walking without the feeling of disequilibrium. I am scared and I do not know what to do, the days are so long and my thoughts no matter how hard I try keep going back to how little time there is left and then the adrenaline starts
Anyone relate. I hope this does not depress anyone or leave them scared as this is not my intention I just want to know how to overcome these scared negative thoughts and thought maybe some beautiful soul here has experienced this and come out the other side, I lost my beautiful sister and I am so distraught, How could she be gone, why?
Helen

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 04-14-2015, 08:18 PM   #2
Titchou
Facilitator
(female)

Titchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB UserTitchou HB User
Re: too scared to live in case i die

First of all, I hope you are seeing doctor about your balance problems. It could be something very simple!

Second, if you are a person of faith, suggest talking with your minister or someone else who shares your beliefs. If you are not a person of faith, then perhaps a psychologist or some other counselor might be of assistance.

I am 69 and lost 7 friends last year alone. My faith is what gets me thru the hard days. I hope you find oyur way.

The Following User Says Thank You to Titchou For This Useful Post:
sweetpotato13 (04-21-2015)
Old 04-14-2015, 10:22 PM   #3
starlight294
(female)

starlight294 HB User

Thank you sweetie for answering me I really do appreciate it
Yes I am a religious person mm, maybe more spiritual. I believe in Jesus Our Beautiful God and the Angels and I pray to them for healing for all people.And I also believe in Life after death but this is not helping my balance problems .but I am grateful for your reply it is good to know someone reached out with a loving heart
Rosemary

Old 04-21-2015, 10:19 AM   #4
renko
Veteran
(female)

renko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB Userrenko HB User

Hi, I'm a 61 almost 62 year young lady too. I lost my husband in January and I'm very thankful for the time I had with him. I have found that I need peace and joy in my life and being around close friends who will listen to me and love me no matter what. It sounds like you have vertigo and when I felt unbalanced I went to a neurologist and found out it can be alleviated. I have two bouts with cancer and am thankful that I am alive and well. What we think is what we become. I try to read positive things and see the glass half full instead of half empty. My faith is my source of comfort and strength. I hope the best for you and fear steals you and paralyzes you so I hope you will find out how to be in good health and of good mental health too.

Old 04-21-2015, 10:46 AM   #5
rosequartz
Senior Veteran
(female)

rosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB Userrosequartz HB User

your balance problems could be vertigo......make an appointment with an ENT, an ear nose and throat doctor. Also, you're only 61, you have a lot of living ahead of you! Don't give up and don't spend your remaining time worrying about something that none of us have any control over!

Old 12-03-2017, 09:41 AM   #6
Ms Jones
(female)

Ms Jones HB User

Helen, I am sorry to hear you lost your sister. My Aunt passed away at age 58. Her sister, my Godmother, was 63 at the time. They were very close and she was completely distraught. Two years later both her parents, my grandparents, passed away. At a certain point I started spending some weekends with my Aunt because she was extremely depressed and lonely.
She is a woman of great faith and lived to be 93 years old. She moved from her old house, joined a womenís church group, was invited to join another womenís club, from there she joined a cooking class, then someone brought her to the senior center where they had many games and other functions.
Nothing and no one could ever take the place of her sister and parents. However, life is for the living. My 93 year old Aunt passed away 3 years ago. It was one of the saddest days of my life. She was my best friend.
I am 60 years old. I also lost 3 other young friends, all around my age, over the past 5 years.
Good friends donít grow on trees and it was a very sad experience for me.
I am now 60 years old and I do not know when my number is up. I do not spend every day thinking about when I will die. I also am a person of faith. I have had 5 operations and I live alone, never married, no kids. My family are all far away. I joined the YMCA and swim in the pool almost every day. I talk to other people there and try to enjoy every day in every way I can. I work because I will not retire for many years - I canít afford to.
I consider my age to be young. Donít waste your life thinking you will drop dead every time you walk out of the house. Like some of the other posters mentioned, speak to your clergyman or a counselor if you are really having trouble getting through this passage. It is something many of us experience with the grief of losing a loved one.
Someday we will all be together in heaven. Just not today.
Live your life and God is watching over you and everyone and everything around you.
Ms Jones

Reply Reply