It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

vitamin E and skin

Post New Thread   Reply Reply
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 03-18-2017, 04:45 PM   #1
liddlmiddle

liddlmiddle HB User
vitamin E and skin

I heard vitamin E is good for the skin, but does it have to be applied topically in some form to the skin to benefit or does the skin still benefit if you eat food containing vitamin E?

The skin on my face has been badly damaged by benzoyl peroxide and I'm looking for ways to repair it.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 06-12-2017, 12:48 PM   #2
JohnR41
Senior Veteran
(male)

JohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB UserJohnR41 HB User
Re: vitamin E and skin

Did you get "benzoyl peroxide" by prescription? If so, you should report it to the Food and Drug Administration. They should be able to tell you if there have been other complaints about the same type of skin damage.

I'm not familiar with benzoyl peroxide, but from what you have said here and in previous posts, it sounds like a chemical burn.

As far as vitamin E etc.: The skin benefits, as does the whole body, from eating a healthy diet and getting moderate exercise. Oxidants mostly come from eating highly processed foods, like sugar etc.. And antioxidants come from eating natural whole foods, like fresh fruit, vegetables, whole grains, legumes, nuts and seeds.

I can't promise that it will reverse the damage but it won't hurt to try.

As a last resort you might try seeing a doctor about doing a skin graft. I don't know much about that so you would have to check with a doctor to find out if that's possible.

Here are a few suggestions for foods that are high in antioxidants:

* Dark leafy greens

* Berries, especially blueberries

* Red grapes

* Sweet potatoes

* Walnuts

Last edited by JohnR41; 06-12-2017 at 01:19 PM.

Reply Reply