It appears you have not yet Signed Up with our community. To Sign Up for free, please click here....

Aging Issues Message Board

• Anyone using silkia camellia oil?

• Post New Thread   Closed Thread
    Old 03-27-2006, 01:25 PM   #1
    sspencervip
    (female)

sspencervip HB User
    Anyone using silkia camellia oil?

I bought the silkia camellia oil and I like it. I don't have dry skin anymore so this is a great moisterizer. I have been using it for a week. I hope to keep using this product long-term. Anyone else liking it? I'm waiting to see how it will improve my eye area too.

Sponsors Lightbulb

Old 03-27-2006, 05:43 PM   #2
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User
    Re: Anyone using silkia camellia oil?

Just do a search on the discussion boards for Silkia Camellia Oil and see HOW MANY people (including myself) are using it and loving it...everyone from acne-prone teenagers to 60+ babyboomers.

Old 04-03-2006, 03:32 PM   #3
    sspencervip
    (female)

sspencervip HB User

I would love to hear if anyone is using this on their face??

Old 04-04-2006, 07:05 AM   #4
    texasgirlhere
    (female)

texasgirlhere HB User

I have been using it daily on my face and neck for quite some time, and just LOVE it! I had very dry skin, and now my skin is supple and smooth. I've even recommended it to a couple of friends that now use it regularly.

Old 04-04-2006, 10:17 AM   #5
    bisha
    (female)

bisha HB User

I also use it and love it

Old 04-04-2006, 11:26 AM   #6
    Brian12817
    (male)

Brian12817 HB User

I hear alot about this oil, and I hear alot about Emu Oil has multiple uses. Where can somebody buy emu oil?

Can I find these products at a local store?

Last edited by Brian12817; 04-04-2006 at 11:40 AM.

Old 04-04-2006, 01:22 PM   #7
    waterlily
    Senior Veteran
    (female)

waterlily HB User

I use the Silkia oil on my face daily, am and pm. It's absolutely my life saver, cuz it got rid of my indented acne scars (together with the use of home micromderabrasion). I would still be stuck with those indents had I not used this oil. It's amazing!!!

Old 04-05-2006, 06:15 AM   #8
    texasgirlhere
    (female)

texasgirlhere HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brian12817
    I hear alot about this oil, and I hear alot about Emu Oil has multiple uses. Where can somebody buy emu oil?

Brian: I have also used emu oil in the past. It has great healing and moisturizing capabilities, but I found it to be very thick and and greasy, whereas Silkia camellia oil is very light and absorbs quickly. I personally think that the camellia oil is superior as an everday moisturizer.

Another great thing is that the Silkia camellia oil is very inexpensive. I buy mine off of ebay, and pay about $15.00 including shipping, which lasts me between 2 and 3 months.

Hope this helps.

Old 04-10-2006, 11:32 PM   #9
    Brian12817
    (male)

Brian12817 HB User

My skin is usually dry and flimsy, I've heard ALOT about this oil just looking at various posts.. I think I'm going to give it a try just because I'm so curious on how well this product works for it being so inexpensive. I'm guessing it will help firm up the skin?

Old 04-12-2006, 12:51 PM   #10
    sspencervip
    (female)

sspencervip HB User

As with most products, the longer you use it the more you'll see results. The rep. that sold me the Silkia camellia oil said it will probably take 6 months to get firmness. I'm ok with that because most products work in that same time frame. If you want a quick fix - plastic surgery.

Old 04-12-2006, 06:05 PM   #11
    Brian12817
    (male)

Brian12817 HB User

Im basicly looking for a great moisturizer because my skin drys out very easily. This seems to be well worth the money. I'm surprise how cheap it is for how much everyone talks about it.

Old 04-12-2006, 07:32 PM   #12
    Afterglow
    (female)

Afterglow HB User

It's awesome! I have very oily skin on my face and have never used any moisturizer because I hate the way anything feels on my face. but I love Silkia Camellia Oil! It doesn't sit "on" your face; it sinks in and you don't feel it. The results are amazing.

One warning --it can be addicting! My arms and hands dry out during the winter and I've started using it on them. My elbows are so soft now and my arms feel like silk. It's even started to help the age spots on the backs of my hands. I've also started using it on some recent surgical scars and it's softened those wonderfully.

The online place from which I buy it has a great deal..buy three and get one free. As much as I'm using it, and now my daughters are using it too, I really like the freebie deal!

Last edited by Afterglow; 04-12-2006 at 07:41 PM.

Old 04-17-2006, 09:32 AM   #13
    akazie
    (female)

akazie HB User

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Brian12817

I buy mine emu oil off ebay, it costs me about $8.00. I must say that emu oil is amazing stuff, my skin is becoming thin because of smoking and the emu oil has thicken it up quite nicely, it is making my stretch marks more lighter, my skin is a lot firmer and it is very soft and hydrated. If you do find it thick and greasy you are putting to much on, a little goes a long way with this stuff and you can also wipe the excess oil off. I love how it puts a protective barrier on your skin, when you put water on your skin, it just beads off.

Last edited by akazie; 04-17-2006 at 09:37 AM.

Old 04-17-2006, 11:45 AM   #14
    desireegx
    (female)

desireegx HB User

Emu oil is good but as an everyday moisturizer I much prefer this Silkia camellia oil. The camellia absorbs faster, it's light but has a luxurious feel on the skin. Some of my indentations from old acne breakouts are also filling up after using this stuff. The pores are smaller and my skin looks healthy and has got back some of its former "glow".

Old 05-11-2006, 09:20 PM   #15
    KannD86
    (female)

KannD86 HB User

Hi everyone. I actually just bought some camellia oil (not silkia brand) and I'm wondering how exactly to use it to get the best effects. My face always has dead skin on it after I wash it in the morning, no matter how sensitive the cleanser. Will camellia oil take the place of a cleanser? How do I apply it to my face? I bought some plastic eye dropper things that I thought would be useful. Some more questions - how often should I use it? I read online that using it in the morning and before bed consistently is a good idea. How long approximately will 8 ounces last? Can I use it on any place on my body? Is it dangerous to use near the eyes? Will it lighten freckles? I think I read that somewhere. Thanks to anyone who can answer my questions.

Closed Thread